The HatchLatch!

I placed my order, thanks!

1 Like

Going to do my best to get everyone’s HatchLatch orders placed before yesterday out by Tuesday! Orders after that should be Wednesday or Thursday.

6 Likes

The way you keep everyone up to date is awesome. Glad to support your work and looking forward to the possible V1 lock idea.

2 Likes

I will put this here, even tho there is more traffic on Josh Edgar’s “accessories” thread. I will admit, too, that the quality of the pics are not the best. Just wanted to share some minor addition I made to an already amazing design/product. I had extra paint left over from other projects, so I painted the bracket that attaches to the rear door panel. I used Restoleum Textured paint as it closely match the panels of the GFC, and it makes it look more “OEM”. And, obviously I painted the sliding latches red, then added some random yellow rubber bands (similar to how others have suggested on the “accessories” thread). Yellow wouldn’t have been my first choice, but their length was perfect and I still like the outcome.

1 Like

Nice! That’s awesome. Love the black. You should be able to get the tension on the slide just tight enough to slide without it moving in its own, but the rubber band works too! Thanks for sharing!

I agree, I can definitely play with the screw tension. I decided I would leave it looser to help reduce the wear on the paint…which even how it is, I am sure it still wont last forever. I do think it was a great touch to have the plastic washers sandwiched in the assembly to assist with a smooth sliding action. Again, a great design! Thanks!

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for a little better hold in the open and smoother slide you can do these PFTE (teflon) washers from fastenal. I was trying my best to keep the costs down on the latches so I did the nylon because they are close to as good and cut the cost by over $6.00 since you need 8 of them. Also, I have no idea how long the teflon ones will last or how they handle dust etc as I did all my testing with the nylon ones. But damn they are smooth and you can tighten the bolts almost fully.

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/11103101

3 Likes

I know I am a little late to the party but would love to order or put my request on a waiting list when it fits your schedule.
Thanks for the consideration
Kenny
831-239-7827

Not too late! I opened them back up for ordering a few weeks ago on my website.

www.jedf.us

Thanks!