The HatchLatch!

As many of you know from the other thread, I have been working on a latch for the rear panel for V1 campers. I am finally set in the design and other than some minor tweaks for fitment and some more testing it is solid!

I am making it available for sale with a ship date of March 1 at the latest. After that the next batch should be 2-3 weeks out.

Will be $60 for the set with free shipping. This is another for fun project, and just done in my free time as a way to get out into the garage! Thanks and hope you guys are interested!

Here is the link:
https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/HatchLatch/p/288114087/category=0

15 Likes

Well dang, looks like you are at it again. Making simple and very practical items. Kudos…

But you are not helping me keep money in my bank, that is hard enough with all we can do with our GFCs. I at least wanted to say keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Purchased! Cant wait to get em! Great job!

1 Like

Purchased! Now I can remove the cord I used to somewhat latch the rear door. Thanks

1 Like

Beautiful!

Just placed an order along with two of the side steps :heart:

1 Like

Damn that was an easy purchase…thanks for the work!

1 Like

Purchased, Thank you!

1 Like

Just bought a set, nice work!!

1 Like

Just ordered a set. Awesome idea. Looking forward to getting them installed!

2 Likes

What a really great idea. Thanks a lot for solving some of the problems us V1 owners have.

1 Like

Ordered!! Again great to see a product that solves a problem but doesn’t cost a million bucks! Happy to support.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the orders! Awesome to have so much interest in this, and awesome that some people added the StepUp as well! :metal:

3 Likes

Going to run the pre-order pricing of $60.00 through February 10th.

I priced the pre-order based on a big quantity to keep the price as low as I could for everyone, so after this big order costs increase a bunch when I am just doing a few at a time. After February 10th they will jump up to $75.00.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Ordered! Can’t wait for these!

1 Like

Update… GFC posted the latch on instagram and I think the volume is going to make things hard to sustain for me right now at the “bro deal” price I was doing for forum folks. I am just going to do the non-preorder jump now to save myself having days of work making only a few bucks on each set, before I even figure in my time. Thanks for understanding all :metal:

7 Likes

@jedgar,
These look great and light at 7 Oz. Do you think they contribute to sag weight? I notice that in colder weather I already get a little sag cause I have a rear window.

3 Likes

Im sure they do to some degree. I also have some sag with a rear window when it is cold, but havent noticed a noticeable increase. I need to take them off to do a few tweaks so I’ll check that out when I do. It is supposed to be in the 20s here so not real cold, but I can report back.

1 Like

I will say even with my steel prototypes on which weight 10oz I didn’t notice it.

1 Like

Just tested. Mine sags about 2 inches with nothing attached and with them on it is the same. Of course depends on how worn out your struts are, I got my camper in November so they are still pretty new.

1 Like

Well you guys have definitely surprised me with how many people wanted a latch! So I wanted to give you all an update:

Orders have finally slowed down and I am working overtime to try to source the hardware I need for this first batch. They have been test fitted on a few different models, and while there are some inconsistencies in the hole placement on the GFC, it can be easily designed around.

I am very hopeful that I can get these shipped well before the March 1st date, but I’ll keep you all posted. If you ordered other products at the same time, the “within 10 days” will apply and those products will go out as soon as they are ready!

I can’t thank you all enough for the support with these projects! It has been a blast designing these and seeing people enjoy them too. :metal:

Top secret news… I am currently working on a way for us V1 folks to be able to lock the tent with just a simple key utilizing the existing mechanism. Won’t be a product to buy, but just a free how to post if it works. Thanks to @LBS_TRDadventures for meeting up and giving me the inspiration!

14 Likes