The Random GFC Photo Thread

As much as I like the snow, I’m much more of a spring/summer person so all of this snow bodes well for the rivers and it’s levels for activities on and around it once it starts melting.

3 Likes

But california needs it bad right now

1 Like

Well shit…… this is going to be a fun extraction! Photos are deceiving… it’s about three feet of new snow

6 Likes

Ha, TheBoat has had quite the December.

Hopefully you made it out unscathed, Kyle!

Made it out allright with some help from a massive front end loader that just happened to be passing by…. This is the forecast for the next 10 days so this is going to be fun!

6 Likes

Chains brother, chains…I see all these traction boards and I’ve looked at them. But really, when it comes down to it. I’ve driven through some deep wet snow pulling a sled trailer and chains are the only answer. The key is getting the type that has the cam style tightener, that way you can still get your chains on after you’re stuck.

Even after years of linework and putting tripples on the trucks before going into questionable terrain, when it comes to my personal rig…I prefer to put them on after I’m stuck :joy:

7 Likes

Took a break from winter stuff to break in my new moto and get some vitamin D in the desert

10 Likes

The snow around here is almost gone and in the 50’s for the next few days. you miss Ohio yet?

@blackhearse, I’ll answer that for anyone who has left Ohio…No :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I left Ohio for a few years. laws most other states are silly. I’ll take low taxes, cheap gas, right to carry, and plenty jobs over 3 feet of snow and legal drugs with the homeless that follow it- not to knock Portland and Denver but holy hippies everywhere. Take a shower! Get a job! sorry, that’s my old man rant for the day

2 Likes

Still in Ohio, I can confirm…I do not miss it here (cost of living is pretty nice though)

3 Likes

I had an oopsie too. This was after I got yanked backwards. Drivers headlight was touching the snow bank.

9 Likes

Don’t you hate it when those roadside ditches just jump out at you as you’re going your merry way!

3 Likes

Ski bummed it overnight to be woken up to Avy Bomb shockwaves straight to the chest :heart:. Best alarm clock!

Don’t look too fast or you’ll miss me!

12 Likes

Pit stop on the way back from work at Skeena Cat Skiing :metal:. We got space, short flight from Vancouver to Smithers if ya wanna come slay pow.

13 Likes

I think I’ve figured out the easiest ski bum dinner.

7 Likes

Eating an entire chicken is a challenge all by itself man.

Just some Backcountry around Stevens Pass. Never flown to go skiing before, it’s on my list of things to do. Definately will have to get there!

1 Like

There’s a guardrail under that berm then a downhill slope.

@the_philxx, how is it flying with skis or do you just bring your boots and rent/demo at the resort?

2 Likes

Since we’re on the topic of skiing, caught my truck earlier today gazing lovingly at the resort!

7 Likes