The Roads We Travel

GFC Highway…

Driven any memorable roads in your rig lately?

9 Likes

That looks like an insane drive!

1 Like

The roads we travel…

Being there and getting there are what we are all about. There is a common thread between us… the inability to drive past a dirt road and and not wonder where that road would take us. The drives that go hours longer than expected simply because we wonder what will be around that next turn or over the next hill.

We must go and see…

I’ve been camping out of the back of a truck since I was 15 years old… now I’m an Overlander. I’m 67 years old and have the same wanderlust enthusiasm as I did when I was a kid. When will it end? NEVER… I hope.

The World is a Giant Picture Postcard…

One of my passions is landscape photography. When I travel, I always have a camera near me. I love seeing beauty and sharing the beauty. Travel photography is not what drives me. But I would never want to leave the house without my camera.

It’s all about the journey, not the destination… WHAT!!!

IT’S BOTH!!!

5 Likes

getting out and exploring this great land - and taking the kids - is my favorite thing to do

3 Likes

We are living the gypsy life and going wherever the road may lead. We tried a house and fixed life and it felt like prison. Travel is freedom.

5 Likes

Went to Death Valley before Xmas. Highly recommend.

4 Likes

Badlands:

Sawtooth Range

4 Likes

Looking for a camp stop in Grand Mesa National Forest last fall!

2 Likes

The Joy of the Journey…

4 Likes

Colorado is awesome! Highly recommended

Looking forward to the GFC install mid March!

4 Likes

7 Likes

Couple summers ago checking out some high mountain passes in Colorado with my brother.
I don’t remember the exact location but it was near Engineer Pass.

8 Likes

Heading down from Muddy Pass. Western Colorado near Wolcott.

4 Likes

This road is in Colorado near the Wyoming border. From where I live in western Colorado, this was part of my drive to Bozeman to pick up the GFC. The map app on my phone actually picked it!

1 Like

Valley of the gods

6 Likes

Heading down from Holcomb Valley to Big Bear lake in Southern California.

My son and I spent Friday night in the GFC in 20 degree temps but stayed warm using a diesel heater. He had a blast and that’s the reason I do it.

4 Likes

Camping in badlands a few miles north of Green River, Utah.

6 Likes

Headed a few miles west of Green River this evening. Great area

1 Like

ScottH I love that area. So much drama in the landscape! And, great MTB free riding!

4 Likes

From another back roads outing in western Colorado near the Colorado River…

3 Likes