Those of you with custom sleeping platforms in your bed? How do you keep your lower level mattress dry?

I’m thinking of buying BamBeds and a mattress to sleep in the lower level since my family is growing. My concern is water and dust intrusion. I’ve never had to worry about it before. How do you guys keep your custom sleeping platforms dry?

I don’t have any water intrusion that is that bad that my mattress downstairs doesn’t get wet. I barely get any TBH, only when washing and the odd heavy downpour while driving.

I just fabricated a BAM style bed for my Taco and looking for a tent to throw over the tailgate and hatch. Anyone have any suggestions?

I would echo what has been said. Not usually an issue with water unless at the car wash. Dust gets in but not anything I don’t let me 9 year-old sleep on. She sleeps head at the cab though and it’s sealed pretty good up there.

For reference I have a 5’ bed, built a platform out of extrusion that’s about 24” high. Almost level with my tailgate.

after two nights with the stock pad
i bought a Hest. Just one sided of the Hest 2 Sleep System. OMG! Nirvana… I sleep better now in my GFC than I do in my home bed.