Topper leaks at interface with truck bed

My topper has a leak at the interface of the truck bed in the corner of the passenger side. Has anyone had this issue and/or does anyone have advice on solution without taking to topper off all together? 2019 Tacoma Longbed. Appears there is a squishy gasket between the topper and bed.

Thank you

I have the same issue. I was told to check the torq specs to ensure everything is tight, and if it was still leaking to apply some sort of sealant.

Mine is still leaking, but not in one corner, but passenger/driver side and by the tailgate on both sides.

Leaking in the front corners of Tacomas is standard on any topper and pretty hard to get rid of. It isn’t leaking between the seal and the topper. It is coming in in a gap in the bed where the front wall meets the sides. I have a bunch of butyl tape on the outside in that area. It has cut down on most of it. I get some leaking near the tailgate as well, but this can be mitigated by parking even or with your nose on an incline.

I had a Leer on my Tacoma 3g before the GFC, so I’m somewhat familiar with leaks, and I ended up sealing off these openings under the bed rail caps with Flex Tape (make small incisions only where the connectors go through, and it stretches around the bed rail cap plastic connectors that hold on the rail cap), and it helps a lot. Otherwise water gets thrown from the wheels through these holes while driving. Luckily for me I did it before I ever bought the GFC, so it wasnt difficult, not sure how you’ll get the GFC off, but I think this may be the issue, or at least part of it.

The link is just citing where I got the picture, they used silicone which I did not do.

1 Like

Here is a good thread, this kind of shows what I was trying to explain Bed Waterproofing (3rd Gen Tacoma) - #19 by TLee

1 Like
1 Like