Torn strap on Superlite

Hey @Dreed heads up I got your PM and responded :call_me_hand:

And any other folks who want repairs or to beef up their connection points just let me know and we can knock those out! Iā€™m close to Ventura CA. Youā€™ll need to plan on removing / reinstalling the honeycombs, but thatā€™s a pretty simple process due to the superlite design. After the bartacks itā€™s best to seam grip it (on the inside) to further waterproof that bartack.

1 Like

@AERONAUT thank you sir

I replied to your pm, get back to
Me when you have time

1 Like

For anyone near lakes or water a shop that does work on canopy covers for boat lifts should have the ability to fix this as well. Canvas shops falls under this too. Just an idea.

Just wanted to provide an update, we have our External Strap Upgrade ready to go for customers that have had their side strap j-hook loops pullout/fail. Please submit a Service Request Form if you have this issue where we can get you taken care of!

1 Like

Good to know. This sounds like a good solution. Any thoughts on ā€œconvertingā€ over to this prior to a loop failure? Seems like it is definitely more durable than the loops.

@Medic-G the kit is covered under warranty for those that have had an issue. So if you would like the straps without having an issue, you would need to purchase a set. As of now, we have only had a handful of customers have an issue.

2 Likes

and same thing happened to me but the response from GFC was less than helpful and double-stitched? nope just a single weak stitch. Unfortunate, as rest of the tent is so well built.