Tough!

Finally pulled the trigger on a GFC from the forum yesterday. Slept in it last night, and on my way home, had an unpleasant experience of an Utah snowstorm putting the durability to the test. Needless to say, these d*mn things are tough as nails! SUV slid into me at around 30mph, crumpling my truck bed on one corner, but the GFC is virtually unscathed! Aside from the rough first day of ownership, excited for the adventures this rig will facilitate in the future!

Now to deal with insurance :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

See if insurance will cover the camper too and get a V2 :joy:. Glad you are alright and optimistic. GFCs really are tough as nails.

2 Likes

that really sucks. I can’t remember where I saw a picture of a rolled GFC and it mostly survived

2 Likes

Could be worth a shot haha! “Structural integrity of the camper is flawed, need a new V2”

Anybody have any luck with GFC getting covered on insurance. I’ve got full coverage GEICO.

1 Like

Get the truck fixed, of course. See what insurance will do for the camper, but contact GFC to see what they recommend… repair or replace. I bet you can repair that thing. V1s are the best.

Peace.

5 Likes

Will do. Thanks for the advice. Hoping I can get the truck fixed soon. Itching to camp out with my dog. He’s gonna love his new lower level guard lookout!

That was here in Seattle. The taco is on marketplace for parts but they’re keeping the GFC. Looked like some side panels and it might be okay …

Actually, this is my truck, and it happened here in salt lake. Should be getting the truck fixed soon, and the go fast is fine!

Should say THAT HAS HAPPENED in Seattle. I think the GFC was stable enough from the rollover that they were putting it on the new truck.

My bad, I see what you’re saying now. Crazy. Tough stuff!

Found it! It’s back up!

Of course its a V1. Not sure if the welded V1 steel is tougher than the bolted V2 aluminum, but it sure seems like it would be.

Peace.

Oh wow haha. That’s crazy.

it’ll buff out! still good!

1 Like