Toyota bed rail or not?

Thinking about a gfc platform topper, have a 2020 tundra, with no bed rails from factory, I am thinking about adding them, and am wondering does gfc topper work well with the Toyota bed rails? Thank you! Pictures below.

Not sure about the tundra but tacomas are mounted via the bed rails, you might want to consider installing them

1 Like

First off, that’s a great looking Tundra build you have going! Of course we think the Platform Topper would complete the look, but we might have a slight bias :upside_down_face:.

As for mounting our Topper or Camper, there’s no need to install the Toyota Track system unless you need it for other utility. If you don’t have it at install, we would simply use our “lower hooks” that mount directly to your bedrail, and we’re good to go!

Feel free to give us a shout if anything else comes up.

2 Likes

thank you for the response! I am planning on getting the bed/deck rail for my tundra just to tie some accessories. Hopefully the topper would still work with the rails. I have been trying to get some idea of what it may look like on a full size tundra but failed. Any pictures you guys have of the topper being on a full size? Once I sell my Leer cap I will be ready to pull the trigger.

1 Like

Thank you for the input!

If you go on their website look up the build page

Topper still works with bed rails . Here’s my Tundra…I would recommend installing any brackets in the middle of the bed rails (between where the GFC clamps go) so you can adjust them once the toppers on. Otherwise you need to remove the GFC bracket to slide attachments from the open end to your desired location.

2 Likes

Spot on advice! And to confirm, either the track mounts or lower hooks will work, but it sounds like track mounting is what we’ll be up to once @5.7_Cong sells his Leer cap. No photos of the Tundra Topper quite yet, but our Build Gallery should be full of new models by the end of November since our first install is on 11/17.

Our engineering team is working through prototypes as I finger punch these keys, and we’ll do our best to share updates along the way.

1 Like