V2 Pro "stock" wiring connectors - size and polarity help

Does anyone have info on the “stock” wiring connections that come on the V2 Pro’s for the LED lights? I have a power receptacle and need to connect to it with a female plug. Specifically, I’m looking for barrel dimensions and whether what shipped from GFC is center positive or center negative.

Photos are a little blurry - apologies. I’m planning to call GFC mañana en la mañana to see if they can help.

Yes, I can just buy the Pro Power Upgrade Kit, but I already have a couple random rechargeable batteries lying around and I’m hoping the plug is $1 somewhere?

1 Like

I would just snip, convert to the connector of your choice (USB A or C) and call it a day. Or in my case, snip and connect to my fuse block.

3 Likes

Since they are plugging it into a Renogy battery I have. I’m guessing it’s a 5521 connector. Same connector in the Starlink Mini.

Also. Negative is always on the outside of the male end.

1 Like

Thanks - yeah this might be the way I end up going if I can’t figure out the “stock” connector.

Nice. This seems like a decent lead for me, pun intended. Does this look like the connector you’re referring to? Renogy DC-DC Adapter It appears to be 4.5mm Male to 5.5mm Female.

I think you can do any 5521 connector to what you want. I have one that is a 5521 to a pigtail. And another one that is a 5521 that goes into a fuse box.

This is the Battery that GFC Sells

Which is a Renogy and it has an output that takes a 5521.

1 Like

I think it is this:
Connector - Ebay
Some combination of :
“LED strip”
“Connector”
“Weatherproof”
“Waterproof”
“12v”
“5521”

Seems to be leading down the right path

Brethren/Sistern,

I tried these connectors from Amazon and they fit. I wasn’t able to get the white LEDs to power on, but I think my battery might have something to do with that. I was able to get the Reds on and toggle intensity. (partial) Success! I’m headed out camping this weekend and will fiddle around some more. For now, Thank You for your help. The “5521” recommendations seem to be spot on.

5521 to USB on Amazon

1 Like

Does the LED kit need 5521 male? Or female to connect power? Or will it take either?

On my V2 Pro camper, the final portion of power cable consists of a male 5521 on one end with 12v cigarette plug on opposite end. A double male 5521 connector cable is required to plug directly from lights into a 5521 port on a power station or similar distribution panel (to replace the cigarette plug).

1 Like

Any chance anyone knows the model number / source for the controller? I’d like to have 3 zone (upper, inner, separate for the tailgate.)

Not sure on the source or model of the controller, however the upper tent lighting is already independent with its own controller.

Ditto. I tried to take a close look around both of the controllers (“upstairs” and “downstairs”) and didn’t see anything discernible.

Probably a voltage issue. Red LEDs turn on at a lower voltage that white ones.

1 Like