weBoost solutions and GFC

I have mine zip tied sideways (left to right) on my martin roof rack, still works pretty solid and is mostly hidden. I am having trouble justifying the cost of the foldable mounts but thats what I’d really like

1 Like

I feel the same way…. If I didn’t live so close to cities and their damned parking garages, I wouldn’t consider one

I bought a ski strap off Amazon for $5 and it’s been working a charm for strapping down my antenna

1 Like

Finally installed my WeBoost on the camper. The overland bracket / mount that WeBoost sells is a really neat item but it’s not a direct fit to the GFC beef rack crossbar. I had to remove material from the t-slot inserts and the included screws are not sized for use with the crossbar, but I was able to make it work.

Getting ready to install mine. Got the Weboost Overland. Where do you run the cable for the antenna?

I used the GFC 90deg bracket to mount my WeBoost antenna.

Hi there! When you mounted your Uniden to the T track system how did you account for the back end of the bolt sticking out? Here’s my trouble. Seems the backside will not allow the camper to close. Did you sort this out?
Thanks!

Carriage or elevator bolts… boom done

Ran it over the front of the camper. Drilled a hole in the front of the body of the camper and used an O-ring to seal off the hole.

I have the Shittco wire guides but, frankly, they’re a pain in the ass to mount to the T-slots in the camper. Assuming I have additional wires to run in the future, the Shittco pieces will come in handy.

I took the bolt in question out and just flipped it and it was the fix! Now the camper closes without adding anything else and keeping the mount where I had it.

This is a slick setup. Motorized stowaway modification.

12 likes, 0 comments - FarOutRide.com (@faroutride) on Instagram: "MOTORIZED ANTENNA TILT | weBoost Fold Up/Down

Material List/Cost/Step-By-Step Instructions/etc: ..."

1 Like

For those of you with a weboost… I have a question. I’ve been looking at the weboost overland, and I am wanting to mount it to the corner of the GFC like I’ve drawn out in the picture below.

Any idea if the cord will be long enough to run it the way that I want to?

I also plan to mount everything inside of the camper on my molle panel. Will the signal work for my phone while I’m driving inside of the cab?

Should say inside the kit. I got the RV one and it had like 25 feet of cable.

I haven’t bought one yet. Just wanting to make sure my application would work before dropping $500+ for it

Looks like it’s 14 total feet. If needed, you could always buy a longer one if needed.

Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 11.06.22 AM

I have the Overland and the 14’ cable was just a bit too short for me. I routed almost identical but where your pic shows the cable entering through the camper front wall (at least this is what I am assuming your plan is), I ran the cable down underneath the bed and up through the cubby over the wheelwell. I already have electrical coming up through there so it made sense for my needs. I ended up getting the 18’ and it was great.

With your planned routing you might make the 14’ work if the Weboost amp is placed at the front end of your GFC. It’ll likely be close.

WRT to mounting in the camper and realizing benefit in your cab - I doubt you’ll get much in cab benefit. The documentation says something about being 18-24" from the little puck antenna. I haven’t had my Weboost that long but signal strength seems to drop off pretty quick if my phone is not super close to the puck.

That said - I have been happy with it as it’ll take a 1-2 bar signal and boost it to 4-5.

Man, it would be perfect if that range was more than a couple of feet.

I’m also thinking of getting a hotspot… I wonder if I keep the hotspot near the “puck”, that would allow me to just connect the phone that way, no matter where I am in the truck.

Nat are you still using Starlink and working remote?

Been looking at it for the house but only availability is actually RV currently so tempted to do that and have it be dual purpose.

Seems like that would work, just a bit of a bummer to have to get another device and line of service when you are so close. I feel like I have read where people have bought 2 pucks, placed them according to need and then just connect one at a time depending on where the boost is needed. This is something I might try to have an in cab boost.

I have a Drive Reach OTR (the Overland model is newer and didn’t exist when I made the purchase 3 years ago) which I originally had on a 4Runner. I now have it on a RAM 3500 Mega Cab (6’4" bed). Likely want to do some measuring or get feedback from someone with a more similar setup, but I wanted to provide my experience…

The inside antenna cord is not long enough to run from the inside cab side of the bed into the cab and up near the driver seat. It’s barely long enough for me to run it from the driver seat to the underside of my rear seats (where the booster module is mounted).

The outside antenna cable is not long enough to run from the top tail gate side of the GFC into the cab of the vehicle (and to the WeBoost booster). The cable is 14’ and would need to be at least 17’ to run it in a similar manner to your illustration (but into the cab of the vehicle).

Hindsight being 20/20 – I would have purchased the RV version (with the 25’ antenna cable). Present day, if I really want to move the outside antenna to the top tail gate side of the GFC, I’ll get a longer outside antenna cable.