What have you done to your GFC this week

which set of curtains on amazon?

NANAN Blackout Valances for Living Room Window, Thermal Insulated Valance Curtains for Kitchen Room Darkening Small Cafe Curtains, Black 52x15 Inch https://a.co/d/doOWOnL

3 Likes

Not quite a mod to the GFC itself per se… but the inside of the GFC was starting to get cluttered with all of my stuff so mounted this new 117quart box from OVS to clear up a lot of space and put the stuff I don’t use often out of the way…. Fits perfectly and carries a lot more than I thought it would!

2 Likes

I finally got around to mounting the ARB awning…

6 Likes

Love this table idea! Especially the streamlined L workflow for clean, prep, cook and so on!

Would you be willing to give some specs on that sheet of metal? TIA!

Welp…I just spent a few weeks in Morocco so got a few rugs to make the camper extra cozy.

9 Likes

Finally got my roof mounts back from powder coat and installed them on the camper.

6 Likes

Any risk of the mounts hitting the roof from leverage? I.e. off-roading/bouncing etc

@jasont Under certain conditions, yes. I plan on putting an adhesive backed 1/8” thick neoprene bumper under the far nuts for protection.

1 Like

Rear Window Cover

Used an old windshield screen and cut it to fit. Cut adhesive-backed steel strips and attached to each corner of the rear panel window. Sewed magnets to the corners of the “curtain”. Installs in 5 seconds and folds up to store in my bin so it’s never in the way when we don’t need it. Works great. Almost no light intrusion. Complete privacy when we use the potty.
Probably does an ok job of reducing heat in the camper.

Peace.

7 Likes

I’m too cheap to drop $600us on a @AERONAUT quilt. (Sorry, I do dig your product). So I got this knock off version that fits perfectly for $90Cad

OneTigris Down Camping Blanket… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08XYSSD6R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So far it definitely doesn’t loft up as expected, but I think it’s better than packing a duvet when I’m with the wife.

6 Likes

Finalized my kitchen pullout drawer system yesterday with aluminum sheathing and got the propane all hooked up!

7 Likes

This week I made an idea I had for a simple storage bag mounted to the Toyota T-track under the bed rail. I attached it with the Gzila Track nuts by way of some grommets. About 12"x8". I sized this one to fit between the GFC mount and the small cubby in my bed. I also made it a bit short to leave room for a platform I plan on putting above the wheel wells.

I plan on making a total of 2 or 4 for my truck, and I’ll be using this for camping gear, tie down straps, bike tools, ski tools, and whatever else I want accessible. I do plan on trying frame bags at some point, but these have a couple benefits, being cheaper and not in the way when reaching into the bed via the side panels.

This one is white with orange thread, and uses recycled Ecopak EPLX400 packcloth. This fabric is a waterproof laminate with a 400d face fabric with a DWR, and a film on the inside to make the fabric heavier and waterproof. This bag is not fully waterproof, as I chose not to tape the seams. However, the fabric and zipper are waterproof so water should stay out well enough considering it will be mounted inside the GFC. I considered a fully waterproof rolltop version as well, but opted for the zipper for convenience. Let me know what you guys think! This is something I could make in different sizes, colors, and designs if interest is out there.

12 Likes

Honestly love the idea for quick grab stuff!

1 Like

I’m definitely interested! Let me know if you end up making more and what your price point is.

4 Likes

Found a Yakima Topwater for a STEAL, I mean a STEAL and so I mounted it up so I’ll have more room to transport my stuff for my big move out west next week… it looks like this box was designed for the GFC, fits perfectly and has clearance all around.

9 Likes

I brought it somewhere cold

And took a picture of it in the daylight haha

3 Likes

How did your setup hold up at burning man? I wrapped a sun shade around the tent connecting to my cab rack and it was not enough to hold up to the heat.

1 Like

Got the inverter installed in the electrical box and wired the MattGecko lights. (Please don’t judge my wiring…I promise I’ll clean it up…eventually…probably…maybo :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

What do you plug in to the inverter?

1 Like