What have you done to your GFC this week

Thanks for the info! Currently scheduled for 4/12 at Tru for the updates.

2 Likes

I’ll have to remember tomorrow, was running to meet friends for dinner.

If I forget ping me.

3 Likes

I’m curious how this looks too. My early V2 has no visible drain holes so I’m wondering how ugly the fix will be.

1 Like

My fix appointment is this Sunday morning. I’m stoked to (fingers crossed) finally have the leaking fixed.

I’ll take pics if none are posted by someone else then.

2 Likes

been working on some interior hooks I am manufacturing this week. I’ve got a couple of versions in the works this one is available today. Lumbering Bear Adventure Gear (@lumbering.bear.adventure.gear) • Instagram photos and videos
Order here

@Nolgore @MBBME

Here you go

8 Likes

Damn they aren’t messing around this time. Really appreciate you taking the time to take some pictures and post them up!

Yea. It looks well thought out!

2 Likes

Damn, given the amount of added drain holes, makes me wonder why some of us aren’t experiencing water intrusion. All these mods leads me to believe that it is only a matter of time for all of us.

1 Like

Combo of factors too. I do think the new keder fiberglass rods made a difference too. A lot more taught.

3 Likes

The holes in the billet section are most surprising to me

4 Likes

Ya good question…

Wow so these holes are “always open”?
I feel confused
-Mind the crudeness.

1 Like

I’m an accountant, not engineer. Trusting the process lol.

2 Likes

No f’n way with those holes! Not only can you see the pilot hole divot in the back of the extrusion, they’re massive AND you can see how the aluminum strands shredded the black coating. My repair is scheduled for Saturday morning and with this information I may opt out to deal with the water I see in my camper myself. Hell if it’s only some butyl tape at the seams and at the base of the tent, I’ll fillet bead the roof myself. The repair materials will be less than the fuel it takes to get to the repair spot.

Hey All - If you have concerns about the repairs or feel apprehensive, please reach out to us and we will be happy to talk shop about the updates and process. I’d write up something to answer all your individual questions, but it’s difficult to respond to each of you here without dominating one of our most valuable forum topics.

Feel free to send me a personal message, but the faster option is to reach out to our CX team directly. I’ll be joining everyone in the PNW for repairs next week as well and can answer other questions live while the team takes care of everyone.

Please allow this topic to remain the rad thread it always has been, and give us a shout.

Thanks!

5 Likes

It’s challenging since you guys lock any topic that’s not overly effusive, like the Water Intrusion thread.

3 Likes

It’s not my intention to be off putting. I thought an owner drilled these holes. It does seem strange, however, I personally trust GFC is doing the best.
Mind everyone my eyes are not that of GFC, I’m sure they have and are doing their research.

That was exactly my thought, if the threads about the issue were not closed, the “fix” could have been shared there. I fortunately don’t have this issue, but it great to actually see how GFC is addressing the issue for those that do.

To keep on topic, I cleaned and packed my GFC for a quick beach getaway tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thank you for that, and I completely understand. My business is literally inspecting and consulting water infiltration to the exterior of buildings and managing the repairs necessary to get it to stop. I wrongly built some elaborate plan of addressing the infiltration as new framing elements or something.

Resume regularly scheduled GFC weekly updates, all! :metal:t3:

3 Likes