What have you done to your GFC this week

Has anyone added a front and back window? Also has anyone blacked out the top of the tent?

i asked Tru auotmotive if that was possible and they said yes but to just call GFC to confirm

indoor/outdoor carpet to black out the top and help condensation issues

4 Likes

That “One More GFC” sticker is dope as hell

3 Likes

One of my fav mods for the folks who have “one less gfc” stickers on other campers lol.

1 Like

Fixed my interior lighting today - Much more secure now thanks to solder, VHB, and less moving parts. Link to the original setup and to the updated setup.

3 Likes

Big @jedgar fan lately. Installed the step and received the awning blocks mod tool share care package today. Rivets were easy, GFC should do this from factory.

2 Likes

Made some flannel fitted sheets with my Mom. What an improvement.

4 Likes

The step up is in my top 5 mods. GF would have to agree as well lol.

2 Likes

Installed a sleek solar/battery fan. No wiring and has an internal battery so it’ll run +/- 8 hours. Virtually no noise and functions both intake and exhaust functions.

Cut out the hole and set the unit via a couple beads of silicone. Going to tidy up with a tight bead at the base once it cools down a little.

14 Likes

I was thinking about doing something like this (specifically, I wanted to source the fan unit from a James Barroud tent). But, I’m wondering if it would keep heavy rain/snow from coming through, when the tent is up at an angle.

I’ll look forward to a report after camping in the rain.

1 Like

Nice fix! I am looking at possibly doing something like this…

The absolutely biggest pitfall of the GFC is the lack of ventilation and the tent design in terms of the window layout (no full zip windows). I hope the owners and the engineers can come to an agreement that this needs to be fixed in a v3 or upgrade version of the tent.

5 Likes

There’s a thread over here with some more info. I posted a video in there spraying water right on to the vent with the tent open.

1 Like

Finally got around to upgrading the latches and installing the covers.

3 Likes

What latches are you upgrading to? Can you share a link?

Added a thin black ripstop tarp to the bed. Lets me hide the contents. Velcro attaches it to the spaceframe.

@Trudog see this thread. Super easy install.

1 Like

Standard C2 latches work great, just need a set of Latch covers for them :wink:

2 Likes

@GainzGFC Hunter, where do you get those stickers from?

From @Buhlockaye

1 Like