What have you done to your GFC this week

Added the AluCab fridge slider w/ tilt, mounted to the Deckd/Yakima Tracks (all holes line up, so it’s super easy)… Also finally started the process of pulling each electrical component OUT of the custom wooden box and tucking them into individual cubbies. The USB/120 sockets are now readily accessible from the front corner, standing outside. Next step is disassembly of Deckd system to find hiding spots for as many components as possible. We may use the ammo cans to house things, just depends on space.

2 Likes

How is the quality on those Sidio boxes? I keep seeing them on the inter webs.

1 Like

Me too lol My ocd likes them more than my wallet though.

1 Like

HA, I second that!

1 Like

Added hopkins level gauge to my new RTT. Hardware cost more than the level, not sure how much I like these compared to the sun company levels I had on my old RTT.

5 Likes

I started my build thread for MK2 of my rig

Truck is in the body shop getting some paint damage repaired from a couple months ago before I start driving it in winter conditions soon, so no “actual” work - just scheming.

They are excellent. I have them. Matter of fact, I have pelican, Zarges, Dometic, and Yeti cases. I have a problem. However, I’m using the Sidio.

Got my Shittco rainfly shitbrix and grommets installed

Panel with 2x usb outlets, and a 12v outlet, along with switches for my fridge, 2x lights, and heater in the passenger-side cubby (not wired in yet though)

Wolfbox G840S dashcam & full time rear camera combo installed

@jedgar drip rails (just in time too… thx TS Ophelia)

7 Likes

Drip rails and awning kit are two of my favorite upgrades. Curious why your right pole is so far out though?

2 Likes

How hard was that rearview mirror install? I was thinking about getting one.

Not sure this is the “final” placement, but I played around with it a bit to see where I liked it. This put a narrower gap towards the front. I’ll likely be facing into the wind, which is where the rain will be coming, so narrower there made sense.

Where do you put yours?

1 Like

You can kind-of get an idea where I put mine here, but they’re essentially in line with the corners of the tent flap. I messaged Shittco when I installed and he said it doesn’t really matter

1 Like

One of our Overland Softgoods customers once said…

“First “Rule” of GFC… there are no rules”

Creativity and intentionality rule the day when GFC owners sort out their rig!

Happy trails…
Scott

6 Likes

Pretty stoked on them so far. They do start getting a little pricey when you start adding lids and different options for dividers but the customizable organization is really nice. Quality seems decent as well.

1 Like

Installed sliders,
Tested them in Moab,
Washed truck

11 Likes

Started with wanting to sew a short piece of fuzzy velcro to the underside of my GFC flooring cushion for my Weboost’s internal antenna puck. Then I got the idea to sew a length of webbing to the underside of the cushion to hold a roll of paper towels. With the tailgate down, it does require long monkey arms like mine to reach it, but I like it. Easier to reach from the side. Does require twist lock fasteners, and a sewing machine strong enough to sew through the webbing.

04_20230930_104022

4 Likes

Finally got around to installing the switch pro. No more having to get out of bed to turn the lights off. Ultimate laziness.

7 Likes

I did a bunch of electrical work:

I opted for Starlink over WeBoost, but just out of curiosity - do you have to put the repeater in the camper like that? I didn’t look close at the mounting details. Seems like it would be just as effective on the front wall of the camper. How did you decide to put it there?

1 Like

in the instructions it says your phone has to be within 1-3 ft of the indoor antenna puck. I think if it broadcasted to a bigger area; it ironically interferes with the outdoor antenna’s ability to receive a signal.

oh and I sleep on the passenger side, so where the puck is, I can receive it through the floor. I didn’t want it directly under me because my air mattress has foil in it, and that would block the signal. When the signal is really weak, I have to move the puck up to the sleep area between the two smaller cushions.