What have you done to your GFC this week

I’ve had this from Underland Offroad for a few weeks. Just got around to mounting the quick fists for the shovel and the maxtrax mounts for the traction boards.

9 Likes

@enjoitheride Not sure if you’re still looking, but check out my thread. Let me know if you’re interested.

Cheers

https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/new-product-announcement-low-profile-maxtrax-roof-mount/

1 Like

Getting ready for some big desert meet-up 🪩 :fire:. Got the ghetto AC rigged up, some reflective insulation (2 layers) and some upholstered foam panels to try and beat the heat and keep it nice and dark. Also added a quick release LED buggy whip to help guide the way back to the rig, I will get a cool wind sock for it.

Any others going to BM with their GFC? Perhaps we need a new meet up thread?

15 Likes

I did the wire modification to have the 400w inverter on while driving. Here’s the link I found with quick easy instructions.

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/110v-factory-inverter-always-400w.284662/

Just as I was finishing up I checked the mail and got my Drip rails from JE

4 Likes

Here is my bed setup. I made 2 pull out drawers. One has a Colaman 2 burner propane stove. Drop down sink, drawer for Utensils and a storage area in the back for food. The other side is one huge drawer right now. Not sure if I’ll divide it up later. Right now I’ve got a goal zero 1000x with a foldable 200w solar panel. The Goal Zero is run to the inverter to charge while driving.
Ran out of the black plastic that I used for the top of the drawers so I’ve gotta get 1 more sheet.

Uploading: 20220812_183205.jpg…

Here is both drawers open

13 Likes

HAHAHAHA That is awesome!!! :joy:

1 Like

Finished building, wiring, and installing my solar setup.

100 ah SOK with bluetooth and heating
100 w renogy solar panel
Renogy 30A dc/dc MPPT charge controller
Dimmable led’s from amazon
Control/switch box on a 6 foot lead so I can reach it from the tailgate. And has usb, 12v lighter port and volt meter built in.

Now to run the usb’s and lighting in the tent portion, and the 4 gague wire to the alternator, but that will be another day when it is not already 100 F at 11 a.m.

8 Likes

I like the relocation. Do you have issue with the red brake light glare to the camera? I have a Rigd Ultra tire carrier, and relocated the camera with their kit; fine during the day but the license plate light floods the camera causing distortion at night, not good.

I don’t notice any brake light glare.

Finally got the topper tent installed. Girls playing around in the GFC on the beach

2 Likes

How did you do the screens on the sides?

On the sides I had an old kitchen tent with removable walls. I watched YouTube on how to sew, got a machine from my mother-in-law and off I went :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yup, layering and sheer is important in designing for 3D printing. I have been designing for 26 yrs and 3d printing for the last 17. Material, infill, layering and so many other factors go into designing for 3D printing. The parts I am making for the T-Slot are printed with 100% infill to make them stronger.

2 Likes

no need to apologize at all. I am glad you’re learning and if you ever need any help feel free to ask.

2 Likes

Solar Mounted and Connected

Mounted my panels earlier this week, completed wiring yesterday (ignore the messy garage).

5 Likes

Im a sucker for ads, but I saw this on instagram, and thought it would be perfect for a GFC setup. I may try it out.

1 Like

Did you use magnets to hold them on?

Extra table for camp.

29 Likes

I tested the root top carrying capacity… technically still testing it.

10 sheets of sheathing, 16 2x4s, 4 4x4s, and 8 furring strips… the bed is loaded up with 2 swamp coolers, some long range wifi antenna, bags of concrete, paint and tools…

5 Likes

I have the same lights. At night I stick one to my tailgate on motion sense to illuminate when nature calls in the before dawn.