What is the clearance in the tent when closed?

I am looking to mount a permanent light switch/charging block at the foot of the bed in the tent. Does anyone know how much height is available in the closed tent for something rigid?

Do you have a mattress topper like the overland softgoods on top of your mattress foam or the turbo nap bedding? Either net a similar thinness and don’t allow for much room but my roof fan pokes in the roof space a touch and it still sits closed nicely with the turbo nap bed but there is no more space between it and the mattress.

But I put a switch and charging port in on the sides of mine with success.

Oh nice. That is pretty similar to what I am thinking, right next to the mattress. I have some memory foam added to the mattress. I have a design for a switch box but it’s about 2.7 inches high and was curious if it would fit. It looks like yours is close to that

I have a solar fan in my roof and I have the turbo nap mattress and everything still closes with no issues.

What fan is that? Do you like it?

Mine is a MaxxAir Fan Plus. I just put it in a few weeks ago but testing it out a bit I’m stoked to get some nights in with it.

1 Like