What trips are you looking forward to in 2023

What are your trip plans for this year? Figured sharing some ideas might help get some people to new places.

New year new round of trip planning for me. Most of my trips revolve around photography and I end up in a small area for a few days to a week depending on what I am photographing. I plan on spending at least a week near Ely NV in July to photograph and film the wild horse roundup they do out there. Also thinking of heading to timber gulch OR to see about some landscape photos.

trip to pickup my topper and i will only have 6 more states to have hit all 50. most have been in the last couple years as i travel during the winter.

2 Likes

Currently planning a 3+ week trip for the summer from Lassen to the PNW/Orcas Island then back down the coast before heading home.

We will head south to Death Valley before then and hope to spend some time in central NV as well. Should get plenty of overnight and weekend camping trips on the local BLM/NFS land as well.

1 Like

More baja this year… 20 characters

1 Like

We have a couple good ones planned.

Planning to go to Salt Lake City and surrounding areas late July to ride bikes and camp/explore. Any suggestions on riding or stuff to see here, feel free to chime in.

Fall break (wife is a teacher) we are going to do the Lost Coast Trail and camp along the way with a few other couples. This is our first trip planned with the GFC where the journey is the destination so I’m excited to change gears and do that.

Lots of stuff down the Bitterroot Valley here in Missoula, Caruthers Lake outside of Deer Lodge, MT, the Magruder Corridor, and Banff in June!

2 Likes

I’m biased because I was born and raised in Jasper. IMO if you make it all the way to Banff, you may as well drive the Icefields Parkway up to Jasper. One of the best routes around.

2 Likes

I have a trip to fish the Gila Wilderness in NM next month. Camping in the GFC and hiking into some remote streams that I spotted on Google Earth. I have no idea what I will find. Can’t wait.

Peace.

2 Likes

100% agree. I was laughing as you said born and raised. What a great place to be from!
That is one of the most magical places ive been… I have traveled far and wide, around the globe… still a sucker for Jasper.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You posted the same exact comment and it got flagged. Why are you linking the “business class flights” when it it leads to a completely off topic website?

Second this. I always compare Banff/Jasper to Yellowstone/Tetons. Jasper and Tetons are so worth it and less populated. Might as well hit them while you’re there. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Lovely spam, wonderful spa-a-m,
Lovely spam, wonderful S Spam,
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am,
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am,
SPA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AM,
SPA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AM,
LOVELY SPAM, LOVELY SPAM,
LOVELY SPAM, LOVELY SPAM,
LOVELY SPA-A-A-A-AM…
SPA-AM, SPA-AM, SPA-AM, SPA-A-A-AM!

1 Like

LOL I thought the same…

1 Like

Now I need to watch some Flying Circus again…

1 Like