What's your kitchen setup?

I was looking at different ways to store all my kitchen/cooking gear and came across the Nomad Kitchen: https://www.nomadkitchenco.com which had me wondering: what does the GFC community do to store kitchen gear? Have any of you tried anything like Nomad Kitchen?

I would love a Nomad style setup. For now I use a 3 tiered tool box to store my kitchen/cooking supplies.

I cover it with a rain cover from my backpacking pack if it looks like it will rain. I’m in So Cal so rain isn’t a real issue for me.

3 Likes

I use an MSR Windburner and I have the fry pan to go with it. I have a long spoon and spatula from Guyot Designs to cook with. I have a couple of the Nordic Ware microwave plates and bowls and a couple sets of fork/knife/spoon from Walmart. A couple Camelbak 24 oz and 12 oz insulated cups to drink from. Coffee maker is an Aeropress. Everything except the 24 oz cups is stored in a Coleman soft sided cooler that I bought 10-15 years ago.

My kitchen

1. Single cast iron pan
  2. Two burner propane stove/propane canister
  3. Spatula, two plates, serving spoon
  4. Some cooking knives and a small cutting board
  5. Two sets of eating utensils
  6. One cup at a time pour over coffee system
  7. One small MSR pot to heat water

It fits in one small-ish storage container.

We make only simple meals.

Peace.

3 Likes

I keep my kitchen stuff (minus consumables) inside a small yellow top bin (12 gallon). I also use a standard yellow top bin (27 gallon) for other gear, and I like that the smaller 12 gallon bin is the same height as the standard size.

1 Like

I keep utensils, cutting board, plates, etc. in this awesome camp kitchen bag from Adventure Tool Company out of Colorado. It’s extremely well made, I’m thinking about getting some of their other bags someday for tools and other odds and ends.

4 Likes

48” drawer that holds all my kitchen/dry food. I have a 2 burner stove that I just put on the tailgate.

5 Likes

My “kitchen” is a plug in cooler.

The last thing i want to do is cook

1 Like

Everyone’s needs and desires are going to be super different in this area IMO. With a family of 6 that loves to get out and about I am finalizing the build out of our Tundra with the goal to be able to have platform sleeping for three kiddos, and under storage for fridge/storage/kitchen. With limited time on my hands and less DIY skills then most I went with a PullKitchen and am building out a drawer slide on the other side for the fridge/storage. Likely a lot bigger kitchen setup than many need but for o ur family and what we want to use it for it will be amazing. Work in progress and excited for it to be done. Last summer pre PullKitchen just threw in the plastics crates and strapped down the fridge and power bank.

1 Like

This seems like a nice setup, where is the drawer from?

A buddy helped me build it

1 Like

With a tundra, have a big kitchen… That’s great.
Do what works and what you need. The tundra can handle it. With my tacoma I have to stay light.

What’s with the corneahusker handle? Sounds painful. Scraping epithelium? I’m a career hospital-based optometrist…

Peace.

1 Like

Drawer will be built with 500lb slides that will support fridge and then storage area behind.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08DKCBX18?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1 Like

I am a cornea surgeon up in MT but grew up in Nebraska and was a huge Cornhusker football fan. We once had something to cheer about :cry:

3 Likes

I bring a jetboil, water, and cup noodles…

1 Like

This thread needs more pictures!

1 Like

Just unwrap a pop tart and do more cool stuff

2 Likes

For a lot of us, eating is part of the adventure/experience. You can enjoy a good meal AND do cool stuff. :man_shrugging: I’m not above eating a pop tart for breakfast. Hell, I only eat breakfast half the time. But when you are out camping, a nice hot, fresh meal just starts the day off right. It’s basically cool stuff before doing cool stuff. Hope you try it in it’s fullest, one day.

9 Likes

Making satisfying meals while camping in the GFC is cool stuff.

Peace.

3 Likes