Winter Insulator

Landed most of the materials this week and just waiting on some final trim items to arrive.
Hoping to get the final sample ready sometime next week.
We decided to add some small hooks to the inside seam to hang additional lighting and to move the mesh pocket to the side seam to give more headspace.

Looking forward to getting these wrapped up.

2 Likes

Brilliant idea. Canā€™t wait to see these in action.

1 Like

I did add a waitlist link to my site (sloppygoods.com) in case anyone would like to get notified when we get the first batch launched.

2 Likes

Iā€™m extremely interest for the future! I havenā€™t received my GCF yet as Iā€™m still waiting for them to ship it. But this is Something Iā€™ll want for next year. Will you be making them for GFC XL?

3 Likes

I have not really thought about it but if there are not a lot of pattern changes and there is interest, I am open to it.
The last bit of material arrived today and hope to find time to sew up the final sample over the weekend.

1 Like

Forgot Iā€™m a XL camper size also

3 Likes

We can do it but I will just need to reach out for some dimensions when revising the patterns.

1 Like

No problem! Thanks

1 Like

Wrapped up the final insulator proto yesterday and was able to test it last night.
It held ~55Ā° - 60Ā° while it was about 18Ā° out.
The camper packs down with the insulator installed but it does take more effort. It was easy if I left the rectangle bed pad in the truck bed.

I have enough materials to make 6 more of these and will add preorder inventory to my site. If there is interest in these, can make plans to stock these in small batches.

Also, if anyone is interested in a V2 XL version, send me a personal message. If you can share some dimensions, we can make that happen.

6 Likes

interested in a v1 setup

I am not sure this will fit on V1s. Do you know if the top inside edge has the track shown here?

I tried the 3M glue on brackets originally and they did not hold up well so these hooks in the tracks were the best solution I could sort out.

Let me know!

no tracks on the v1. would using velcro on the tent fabric be an option?

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™m 100% sold on this and live just down the road from you (in Boulder). I could swing by sometime with my XL V2 (2020 Tundra CrewMax) if youā€™d like to take some measurements first-hand. I signed up for the email list on your website. Let me know what else I need to do. Thanks!

For sure, send me a PM and lets find a time to measure it!
Huge thanks.

It could work. There is a 3M product called VHB tape that would probably bond it to the ceiling.

1 Like

Hey All,

Iā€™ve had a few folks reach out about the insulators lately. I still plan to make these but felt like I was set to miss this winter so I put it on pause to focus on wrapping up the frame bags and some other products.
I have a waitlist on the site that will notify anyone that is interested when they come in to stock and I am currently targeting to land land the first small order at the end of July this year.
In the meantime, anyone that has an XL, I am interested in getting these measurement to make an XL version as well.

Thanks,
Austin

2 Likes

I am sorry, I thought I sent you mine. When I get back to my computer, I will pull them up.

1 Like

A= 42.5"
B= 46.25"
C= 46"
D= 43.25"
E= 3.5" w/ matress (6.5" w/o)
F=55"

So I thought of two options you could do for the v1ā€¦

One you could buy a replacement tent and have someone just sow it up as a winter tentā€¦ basically just sowing the insulation on the actual tentā€¦

The other make a zipper that you can place along the line of the extrusion over the snapsā€¦ like have it sowed in to a fabric piece with holes into itā€¦put the zipper over the holes and snap the tent back in placeā€¦then you just need the insulation to have the other end of the zipper

Idk on thee roof part you could try n do the roof the same wayā€¦ basically a double zipper one for the sides one for the roof but you would need a way to either tension it or have it sick to the roofā€¦ maybe magnetics and putting a metal strip up thereā€¦

Or just doing the side and see how it does ā€¦you could do the roof lining permanentlyā€¦I saw some one do it on hereā€¦idk were thought

Honestly though I think the best bet for winter camping is having the ability to sleep down stairs and a heater blowing towards youā€¦I stay in Washington and that seems to work out doing it like thatā€¦ just pop it up and set up down stairs.

Sorry for the delay, updated E for the XL.