XL custom removable platform

The XL is 56” wide. Most sleeping pads are either 30 or 25. I’m 6’2” and like the longer and wider ones. So, I bought an Exped Megamat 10 Long and a Regular wide. Side by side they’re a little tight but worse because of the 30”+ it’s very difficult to remove the small square to get through to the bed.

So, after many email and purchases with Calder. I’ve created the 32x28 and 24x28 panels. I will be adding handles and creating vents for the propex heater.

5 Likes

Hey looks great, I’m thinking of doing something similar. What did GFC change you for a sheet of honeycomb panel? Or, did they create the panels custom for you? Thanks!

It was $175 for 1 corrugated board and enough aluminum to fit as a normal entire piece and 2 extra 30" pieces. That included shipping.

1 Like

Cool thanks. Exped has a powered pump now, too— pretty handy. Widget Pump | EXPED USA

I go to the desert a lot so I’ve been using one of these for a couple of years >> OG

I guess someone told Makita >> https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/ADBU05ST1

2 Likes