What have you done to your GFC this week

you can use them however you see fit. I am using mine to hold my tarp tent up as a budget awning setup and I leave them in. I made them so there’s no hardware it’s easy to use and they go in easy and fit snug. The first couple fit but slid too easily. the current ones all hold really well from moving laterally.
Mind you they’re still just nylon and need more abuse to see how much they can really take but for tarps and such to hookup and hang easy they work!.
I am also working on a design for an awning mounting setup to have folding poles but not as bulky as what’s out there now.

installed the @WrinkledPants overland softgoods mattress topper set, along with their sheet set. very impressed with the quality of the product and the speedy shipping, their customer service was spot on. happy to be able to side sleep in the camper…

https://www.overlandsoftgoods.com/shop

10 Likes

Hey Duncan! I am really happy that you like what we made for you!!!

Cheers!
Scott

3 Likes

This is the link for the V2 tent swap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pp2QY5sxxjxGZpW2vdTxtENeGCjL219/view?usp=sharing

Phil

3 Likes

I’ve had this from Underland Offroad for a few weeks. Just got around to mounting the quick fists for the shovel and the maxtrax mounts for the traction boards.

9 Likes

@enjoitheride Not sure if you’re still looking, but check out my thread. Let me know if you’re interested.

Cheers

https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/new-product-announcement-low-profile-maxtrax-roof-mount/

1 Like

Getting ready for some big desert meet-up 🪩 :fire:. Got the ghetto AC rigged up, some reflective insulation (2 layers) and some upholstered foam panels to try and beat the heat and keep it nice and dark. Also added a quick release LED buggy whip to help guide the way back to the rig, I will get a cool wind sock for it.

Any others going to BM with their GFC? Perhaps we need a new meet up thread?

15 Likes

I did the wire modification to have the 400w inverter on while driving. Here’s the link I found with quick easy instructions.

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/110v-factory-inverter-always-400w.284662/

Just as I was finishing up I checked the mail and got my Drip rails from JE

4 Likes

Here is my bed setup. I made 2 pull out drawers. One has a Colaman 2 burner propane stove. Drop down sink, drawer for Utensils and a storage area in the back for food. The other side is one huge drawer right now. Not sure if I’ll divide it up later. Right now I’ve got a goal zero 1000x with a foldable 200w solar panel. The Goal Zero is run to the inverter to charge while driving.
Ran out of the black plastic that I used for the top of the drawers so I’ve gotta get 1 more sheet.

Uploading: 20220812_183205.jpg…

Here is both drawers open

12 Likes

HAHAHAHA That is awesome!!! :joy:

1 Like

Finished building, wiring, and installing my solar setup.

100 ah SOK with bluetooth and heating
100 w renogy solar panel
Renogy 30A dc/dc MPPT charge controller
Dimmable led’s from amazon
Control/switch box on a 6 foot lead so I can reach it from the tailgate. And has usb, 12v lighter port and volt meter built in.

Now to run the usb’s and lighting in the tent portion, and the 4 gague wire to the alternator, but that will be another day when it is not already 100 F at 11 a.m.

8 Likes

I like the relocation. Do you have issue with the red brake light glare to the camera? I have a Rigd Ultra tire carrier, and relocated the camera with their kit; fine during the day but the license plate light floods the camera causing distortion at night, not good.

I don’t notice any brake light glare.

Finally got the topper tent installed. Girls playing around in the GFC on the beach

2 Likes

How did you do the screens on the sides?

On the sides I had an old kitchen tent with removable walls. I watched YouTube on how to sew, got a machine from my mother-in-law and off I went :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yup, layering and sheer is important in designing for 3D printing. I have been designing for 26 yrs and 3d printing for the last 17. Material, infill, layering and so many other factors go into designing for 3D printing. The parts I am making for the T-Slot are printed with 100% infill to make them stronger.

2 Likes

no need to apologize at all. I am glad you’re learning and if you ever need any help feel free to ask.

2 Likes

Solar Mounted and Connected

Mounted my panels earlier this week, completed wiring yesterday (ignore the messy garage).

5 Likes

Im a sucker for ads, but I saw this on instagram, and thought it would be perfect for a GFC setup. I may try it out.

1 Like