2012 dcsb off road d.shaw

You could test this by throwing some weight in the back of your truck now as-is. Would only take 5-6 bags of gravel or sand to get you even with what the GFC would weigh.

I tried the weight test also. Put about 300 lbs back there and still vibrations. Gonna take it to a driveline shop and see if they can recommend a fix.

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can take a leaf out and make it to stage 2; just like how the Dakars does it.

^^ we had a private convo about this ^^

with life being what it is right now, kinda missing camping, although thankful to be still working currently

beyond stoked about this addition to my front bumper - the guys at sd truck shop here in san diego really crushed it i think…

5 Likes

First and foremost… Sweet rig man! I’m going to ask the question that everyone seems to hate… whatre you getting MPG wise all said and done? I have plans to add alot of very similar things over the course of the next year, and although MPG isn’t a huge concern of mine, I do take alot of longer trips.

1 Like

thanks @Taco93 - i get 12-14mpg city or hwy. i tend to drive like a grandma - the gfc gained me a little over my previous setup

1 Like

Awesome. Im tempted to say its alot to do with the 285s, Ill be staying at 275 for a while, but eventually ill be up there! Happy trails man.

1 Like

for sure, and i recently went to 295’s, but it all plays into it. we use it as a game, see how good we can get it (use a scan gauge - its not calibrated to current setup or anything, but gives general idea) between my girlfriend and i, its not uncommon to yell ‘14 im getting 14’ randomly as we are travelling somewhere

1 Like

3 Likes

in an interesting turn of events, whilst looking for a gfc for my girlfriend, we found a drifter, moved the gfc to her third gen and now have both. its fun to use her truck, which is a nicely modded 2017 trd sport DCSB, kings 2.5 ext travel remote resi front (700lb springs) / rear (adjustable), ome dakar hd leaf pack, pelfreybilt weld on sliders with kick out, rci ifs and transmission skid (aluminium), martin off road GFC roof rack, a mountain hatch, the gfc has shittco awning mounts and vrnclrsewnstorage boot bag

3 Likes

i used some 550 paracord, gutted it, finger trapped and looped at both ends - to be able to attach things, lights when open or if needed to attach something to hold it closed. the knots keep the finger trap from coming out, and the 550 has a bit of stretch so when its pulled to close its easy, and it retracts back out of the way - nice and flat. took a few tries to get the length correct

3 Likes

we camped

10 Likes

Dude…The truck’s incredible…but the experience…jeez I’m drooling over all the locations…I so very much miss living in the West…

I will live vicariously through you and other Westie’s lol

2 Likes

thanks mate, i really appreciate it. my 2nd gen was built after my dad passed away, he used to take us camping a lot in new zealand, so it is fantastic taking my kid camping in it. we are pretty stoked on now having two campers, it gives us a lot of options, for sure. we were stoked to ‘wing it’ and although we had some ideas, found some great spots to camp on this trip. def enjoying my left coast time, after being on the right coast for 15yrs…

2 Likes

That’s great man and that’s a awesome connection too. I look forward to seeing your family’s next cool adventure!

2 Likes

was able to get our torn (on a tree branch) hinges replaced with the new embassy hinge - thanks @Mike_GFCUSA

5 Likes

SD crew getting all the hinges

2 Likes

riiight - super happy - for sure

2 Likes

5 Likes