2013 Tacoma Buildout w/ sink in modular panels

Loving the build so far, just picked up the maxxfan based on your rec. I was wondering how you oriented the hinge, it looks like it’s towards the back of the truck, that definitely seems like the way to mount it for the gfc, but I was curious if you’ve noticed any issues with the lid facing that direction? It doesn’t seem like it would flip all the way open, but I could imagine there being some water ingress at speed.

I oriented the hinge towards the back of the truck because when the tent is popped up I would like to have the fan on and still be rain proof. I’ve had no issues mounting the lid this way, it opens all the way up. The key is to close it before driving around obviously.

When installing it just use silicone to seal. I layed the silicone around each hole and then did a cosmetic seal on the outside. I don’t recommend using any of the seal tape. Other than that install is straight forward, the starboard on the roof is half inch thick so I used 1 inch machined bolts to secure it. To wire it I just used some channel strips and brought it down to my 12v fuse box, super easy.

The fan is still one of my favorite additions!

That’s all awesome info! what sort of nuts/washers did you use on the inside? Doesn’t look like the 3-prong toothed nuts that I’ve seen most other folks use

Yup!
I just used nylocs and normal washers from my local hardware store. Everything is either 1/4in or 3/8in I forget exactly. Also for drilling the holes I recommend drilling and fastening 4 holes first and then going around and doing the rest of them that way it doesn’t wiggle around.

How did you attach the floor to the bed? And then did you secure the 8020 to the floor with just regular screws?