2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Build

Looking good!
Hopefully see it running around

Okay I finally broke down and ordered the Hellermann Tyton Flextack cable tie mounts to install my lights for the camper

They are magnetic rock lights, using some phone mag mounts so I can move them around. Work great!
Running them off of a switch pros so I can control them with my phone

Working on a bed slide now. I’ll post pictures when it’s finished

3 Likes

How many did you order and how much were they a piece?

Had to order 100. Unfortunately ended up at $1.10 ea with shipping and tax

Love the gladiator diesel with the GFC. What type mileage are y’all getting?
I have a ram2500 and was considering scaling back

22-23 on the Highway 37’s with the stock 3.73 gears. Mileage drops if you push it past 73-74 mph. My GMC 2500HD diesel would do the same thing, sweet spot was about 72 mph. I sold a 26 ft toy hauler and the big truck to build the Gladiator, couldn’t be happier. We’ve camped some amazing places with it and love the simplicity.

3 Likes

Those are impressive numbers. :slight_smile:

We have a diesel wrangler rubicon on 35’s and it does 25+ on the interstate. 27+ on the 2 lane roads in the mountains @ 55-60 mph.
We liked the Wrangler so much I decided to build the Gladiator. Very capable and the GFC is a big upgrade over the previous setup

1 Like

That is impressive the most I get with ram 2500 and 35s is 20-21 on highway 65-70mph. I have a CVT rrt but it’s mounted same height as cab. I guess my next big concern will be if I can keep payload under gladiator specs with a family and gear. No worries in that area with the ram.
Your jeeps looks great, very tempting.

Long overdue update

We’re loving the GFC.
We haven’t been able to get out as much as I was hoping this year due to some medical issues, but everything is good now.

I finished the platform and drawer slide. The frame is extruded aluminum to keep the weight down ~120lb with the aluminum fridge slide

The only thing my wife didn’t care for is the foam mattress, after some experimenting with additional pads we ended up with a Nemo roamer duo. I pulled the foam pads and the Nemo fits perfect, there’s even more room for sleeping bags etc when deflated than the stock pads. Very comfortable!

Here’s a couple pictures camping in Idaho

7 Likes

Looking good. Funny, I was just looking at gladiators on Autotrader today. Now your update with great pics…must be a sign :grin:

We really enjoy the Gladiator and the spectacular places it enables us to visit and camp. I understand why overlanding is so popular.