3d Printed tent awning rods?

Ok Peeps - Finally got my printing woes resolved and have tested enough to be confident in them. Posted for sale on etsy

if anyone wants to test them on a V2 and give me some feedback that would be awesome

2 Likes

I can test them on a V2. Ordering.

Edit - Ordered. Looking forward to this!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you to all of those who have purchased already!

Really didn’t expect this many people to want on the bandwagon haha. 3D printer has been running nonstop the last day busting these out (guess I should have printed up a bunch of stock first but didn’t know there would actually be a demand)

I should have most of the orders shipped out tomorrow and Saturday :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thanks! FYI picking these up as well, 25% off.

How are these holding up so far?

Also a tad confused in what is included. It is two rod holders per $20 set, or each individual rod holder is $20, so $40 per door? Thanks.

They have been holding up great for me. Multiple windstorms survived.

$20 per door, 2 brackets that go to the extruded channel and 2 ends to connect to the door fiberglass poles and tnuts not included.

1 Like

Are these the same length as the ARB ones?

And are they metal or fiberglass?

@ScottH what does pole end style mean? Sorry if I’m just not reading something…

1 Like

Don’t know why I never uploaded the pics on there… all in one (the pole end has threads that go into the tarp clamp) VS using tarp clamps you already have. [someone asked for it and it wasn’t hard to model up I prefer the all in one]

3 Likes

This link got me thinking about making brackets that will work better with these type poles… maybe I will order some and see if the metal poles will work better than fiberglass poles…

1 Like

I highly suggest it. The iron rods are much easier to put up and down, like instant. I have the clamps on full time on the fabric and just put the rods on when I camp. There is indeed some play as the iron rods are thinner than your rods. The 3d material does stretch and is a bit shady.

Anyways, your product works perfect on a V2. No issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. with the full sized bars I haven’t had any issues but I figured with the different size that it might cause that issue in the plastic since it isn’t contacting in the same places. Looks like the contact is really only in a couple of spots with the smaller rod increasing the stress. I ordered some metal rods and will get on with making some new parts.

May have to send you some when I get them printed out.

1 Like

The metal rods at the correct angle seem to provide much better tension.

1 Like

yeah… I am think I will try to work with https://ironman4x4america.com/ to get them to list poles in sets of 2 or 6 and maybe a discount code… yay learning through experimentation

well good for them, isn’t it wonderful of you to share so much knowledge

I think you missed the part where I am not making $$ off this, the person that had the metal rods and I liked the idea of using I am going to be sending him a set once I create them for the metal rods. I started this trying to find a cheaper alternative to what was out there and have been pretty open about my steps and methodology. why does the internet have to be filled with…

5 Likes

Hi Scott! Any chance you’d be willing to throw a link to the STL’s for those of us w/ printers?

1 Like

Metal pole or fiberglass

Hey Scott. Was curious if you had a chance to experiment with the iron rods and printed parts you’re making? The only reason I ask is because of the possibly wear and play from a prior post. Loving your economical approach to the tent poles. Thanks!!

Metal please :smile: Bada$$ hero of the year award for you sir! :trophy: