3d Printed tent awning rods?

Good idea man! I wish I had seen this earlier. I have a 3d printing business using Markforged printers if you need parts made with stronger material feel free to buzz me or just any general questions about 3d printing and design.

2 Likes

I do understand you! I also bought the Source of the 3D Printer Reality Under 3 V2: 7 Best 3D Printers under 500 Reviewed (Spring 2023) and made my first DIY (a perfect sized cupholder)

1 Like

Don’t know how I missed this but yeah have done a lot of testing so far. Really like the metal poles better for sure, no issues even when I put up in super cold conditions. That said if it were super hot and in the sun like most plastic there can be some flex but nothing crazy.

Also really easy to bend rods yourself out of some 1/4 rodstock and save some $$$

2 Likes

second that reckon

I used some 1/8" (15cm for you north of the border guys) round stockand it was $3 for 2 poles. stainless isn’t that much more cost wise

2 Likes

15cm? you sure about that sir :wink:

yes. no. I don’t know, maybe? product of 'Murican public schools ONLY PROPER MEASURING SYSTEMS USED FTW! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Bahahaha

Looking to order 2 sets for the sides and 1 for the rear (metal pole style)
But Etsy says there is only one available of each so I cant add the second side to my cart.

Also just want to verify that this pole set will work for that?

Eeek let me fix that, also I can send you a pattern to bend the poles yourself with some rodstock from your local hardware store

Just placed the order, I would love the template for the rods.

1 Like

I got you! Just started them printing and should get them in the mail tomorrow :slight_smile:

Got them, thank you! Are all of your rods the same length, for the back and sides?

DOH - forgot to send you the lengths - I will send them when I get home tomorrow