A Cajun’s build… “Odys”

Today, the solar panels went on…

4 Likes

Started a Tred Cred decal collection of all the National Parks I’ve been to on one of the panels

6 Likes

I installed the molle panel from Underland Offroad, and also mounted my hot water shower.

5 Likes

Today I finished up the box/shelf that will over my water tank. Same carpet as the floor and drawer to match. Also used cypress for the top just like the face of the drawer. Got to have that piece of home built into it! Also gave it a coat of fruitwood stain just to bring out the grain a little.

I just need to pick up some braided hose to finish up the plumbing, and I’ll be done with the water part of the build.

6 Likes

Tonight, cause I have no patience, I put up my US map, and pinned the states I’ve been to with dots that match the tent. Same with my YouTube handle “OVRLNDR” (not a lot of content now, but I hope to change that soon)

Here’s pics with the flash on/off

10 Likes

This picture may influence me to spend money on something I never thought I would! Hot water!

I was up in Montana at the end of Sept last year… washing my hair and trying to clean up with cold water in 40 degree temps, I wasn’t a fan :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had to do the same thing after the ‘Hot water from the sun’ bag I had broke. I’ve been flipping back and forth about carrying that much water. Even in a 6’ full sized bed I don’t know that I can commit to a water tank.

Where you have it mounted, do you intend on using it when the tents closed up? I’m curious about the combustion exhaust. Your rig is looking dope, btw!

Check out Ironman 4x4, that’s where I got my 13gal tank from. They have different shapes and sizes.

As far as the exhaust, I’ve been doing some brain storming on what I could do. I’m going to get everything hooked up and running just to see how it does, then go from there.

Wow! Impressive build. Hot water… That’s fancy for sure.
Please take your camper to a truck stop and weigh it fully loaded on your way out for a trip. I’d be super curious to know what it turns out weighing. I think the CAT scales are like 12 bucks or something close.

Peace.

1 Like

My trips are usually far. I plan to not fill any water containers or load up on food until I’m closer to my destination, so that should help with weight. But for local camping, the 13 gal water tank will stay empty and I’ll just bring my little 3 gal Dometic water tank.

Today I finished the “big” mods for the bed. Got my water tank cover in, hoses ran, and even made a little flip up shelf for the side of the drawer that rests on the wheel well.

All I have now are the small details… like mounting a few things on the molle panel, and running my wires for solar.

6 Likes

Love this. very clean and well thought out.

1 Like

I appreciate it!

Do you have any leaking in your front corners? Not from the GFC but from the Tacoma bed rails?

From those gaps? I have them pretty stuffed with an adhesive foam.

I will be using one of those gaps to pass my solar wire. So no telling how it’ll be after that.

Gotcha. Was wondering what you used. I am going to attempt to reseal mine when GFC pops my canopy off for repairs. Maybe the 3rd times the charm to seal this damn tacoma bed better lol.

I’d be iffy about using it for solar wires. I think that is part of my problem is they pulled the cables through there. I didn’t really leak in those corners when I had my smartcap on.

1 Like

Here’s close ups of the water system. Mounted the pump on the side of the box just to keep an eye out for leaks. I put a quick disconnect coming from the pump so I can either have my shower hooked up, or my spray off hose. And I used a port to cover the cap to the water tank for access.

9 Likes

Love your build, @nat3060 – which panels are these? Thanks.

1 Like