A Cajun’s build… “Odys”

Thank you! The planels are 100w Ecoflows. I got 2 free when I ordered the Delta2 for Black Friday. A discount on the battery and free solar panels wasn’t a bad deal at all!

1 Like

Today I tried out couch mode and it was perfect!

I also filed down the corners of the bed panel cause I was scared I’d end up ripping the tent. As careful as I’ve been, I nicked the vinyl of my ceiling which is a bummer.

9 Likes

Nat (Girl)!
Use have skills! I am enjoying your progress with your build. keep up the good work.
Cheers

3 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

2 Likes

Love the couch mode concept - great execution - lately I’ve been sitting in my truck bed like that and watching the ocean. Not exactly comfortable but a really good time. Might also be time for me to take on deburring/filing down the sharp edges. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Really love your build and stoked to see another woman as in love her truck as I am! My build is not nearly as clean or finishing due to chasinging around little humans but someday…

2 Likes

You are getting after it with this build. Makes me feel lazy with the minimal progress I have on my truck. Nice work so far.

How did you mount the solar panels to your beef bars?

1 Like

Cut some brackets out of aluminum and mounted them to the underside channel. I wanted them as flush as possible

1 Like

I was wondering if there were other women on here!

2 Likes

I 100% recommend filing down the edges

2 Likes

Added 5% tint to the rear window. Now you can’t see what’s inside just by walking near it, which is a plus!

8 Likes

This is high on my to-do list, glad to see it working for you.

1 Like

I definitely recommend it! Local tint shop knocked it out for $45

2 Likes

How is visibility through the rear view mirror. I really want to do this but I like being able to see the bikes on the rack while driving.

You can somewhat see. But it’s hard for me to tell cause my batteries are blocking my view.

1 Like

Added these today. Was looking for a cheaper option to use tent awning poles to hold the doors open.

OVS Pole Holder: Mamba III Roof Top Tent Replacement Rainfly Pole Holder - Overland Vehicle Systems

Gzilla 10-32 Track Nuts: GZila Designs | 10-32 Track Nut for Go Fast Camper | Order Now!

3 Likes

They work well. We have been using them for the last 3 weeks but @Buhlockaye printed some special pieces so the bar does hit the GFC :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a ton of little rubber end caps that I’ll just stick on the end of my rods. Should work well enough!

2 Likes

Did the window mod. This is what I used:

And the tarp clips:

$23.98 before tax (without clips of choice), per window

11 Likes