Accessory Request:

Great idea! Simple yet effective.

Has anyone thought about a free-standing awning that attaches to the top side of the back of the tent to provide some shelter to the door? Iā€™m thinking two arms, one attached to each side of the tent that swing out with some fabric between them.

2 Likes

@ace7196 Any photos of that setup?

2 Likes

excuse my ignorance please as i get my camper in a few weeks so i havenā€™t seen the locking pins.

how would replacing the heads on the bolts change how the tent opens?

wouldnā€™t that just make the locking mechanisms themselves harder to steal? (again, i have no idea what iā€™m talking about as i havenā€™t seen them in person. just curious.)

If you change the head to a lock bolt style you wouldnā€™t be able to easily loosen it and slide the locking pin open to pop the top.

How about something like this with a padlock. Just need to replace the bottom screws with some security screws.

Or maybe something like this.

5 Likes

Whereā€™d you find these latches?

Amazon look up locking toggle latch.

1 Like

put one of these in the trackā€¦ https://www.uscargocontrol.com/2-Track-Anchor-Point-Tie-Down-Kit-Black

the o-ring is a quick disconnect and can be removed easily when the top is shutā€¦ before you pop the top, put a strap on the o-ring that will help you pull down the top when open.

1 Like

As a heads up. The mount has tapered holes so the bolt head can be flush. The eye ring attachment needs to slide in there so the gfc bolts do not work. I found some extra bolts laying around and cut them to length. Tightened the bolts to the gfc track nuts then but off the excess. Fit great after that.

1 Like

it was dark last night when i installed it and dark when i left for work this morningā€¦ iā€™ll try to grab a shot later today.

i have a strap i will have attached to the quick release ring to aid in pulling down the wedge so iā€™m not pulling on the tent canvas

1 Like

Hereā€™s the strap mount

2 Likes

Bolts I had in the random bolt drawers. Matched with the gfc t-nuts.

another option for a pull downā€¦ tie down ring like this, https://www.leitnerdesigns.com/accessories/tie-down-ring paired with a strap and carabiner for quick attach/detach

1 Like

Rain gutters for the front corners would be a great accessory. Bolt to the extrusion, but extend down, under and in front of the front corner, then run back a foot so so. Eliminate the waterfall on the back door.

13 Likes

Fab up some sweet accessories for the Ford boxlink! Could be a sweet attachment point for a flight deckā€¦

1 Like

This! Yes! Please!

I like!

how about t nuts that utilize larger hardward so weā€™re not using tiny 10-32 bolts to attach accessoriesā€¦

6 Likes

I canā€™t find a great reference for a stainless #10 bolt, but multiple sources are showing other grades of carbon steel bolts of 0.19" diameter having both tensile and shear strength >1000lbs.

Are you worried about the bolt breaking?

having the awning mount t nuts available on the website would be a good option even. iā€™m putting an awning off the back, the GFC awning mounts donā€™t work back there, but the Leitner Designs mounts doā€¦ just need a way to attach the mounts. those small t nuts and 10-32 bolts do not give much comfort for long-term strength.

3 Likes