AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

@babyyota thank you for these insights. I will pass this along to development.

Welcome to the forum, @HEST! Itā€™s so rad when a company like yours has the willingness to jump in on forums and actively engage with users/ potential customers. Kudos to you and the development team for taking the time to join up! That said, there are quite a few employees who rave about your gear, and the convos about your pillow have me on the vergeā€¦

Obviously it has to make sense for your base, but Iā€™m looking forward to the possibility of ā€œtransform-a-floor friendlyā€ upgrade via Hest! Stoked to have ya around.

7 Likes

Thanks @Thayne we are happy to be here. Aaron our founder just stopped by the GFC headquarters last week and got an epic tour. This is great feedback from your community.

4 Likes

Make a mattress that works with the moveable GFC panels and I am 100% in.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll add another vote for a GFC movable panel specific model.
Iā€™d pre-order

6 Likes

100% agree, Id buy one yesterday @HEST if it was custom fit to the GFC.

My fear is buying one and then cutting it up. Maybe I have to live above / ā€œon topā€ of my fears. lol

2 Likes

@Casablanca @FrcknWckn thank you all for this feedback! You have our heads thinking now :slight_smile: Iā€™ll pass this along to the team.

5 Likes

@HEST as you can see there is a demand. how much? couple guys on a forum? maybe more? if your custom fit mattress was an option from the get go, Iā€™m 100% sure I would have sprung on it along with the C5 latches(better latches by on panels) that also arenā€™t an option but should be

6 Likes

Would absolutely go for a HEST mattress product that was designed to fit the individual GFC floor panels. Even if you did a limited run that was higher priced, I think quite a few of us would pay for it. Would be the best mattress upgrade option by far I think.

6 Likes

All due respect, but a limited run for something like this would suck because it would leave all future GFC owners out in the cold, jealously coveting what you have. :wink: I love the idea of a custom-fit mattress, though, even if it carries a small premium and as long as GFC keeps selling campers, I donā€™t see a reason for demand to slow down. It would be extra cool if GFC were to partner with HEST and make this a custom option when ordering your camper (cough @Thayne cough :nerd_face:).

Iā€™ve already been pondering on how to make HEST mattresses work in the GFC while retaining functionality, and the best idea Iā€™ve come up with is using 2 Foamy mattresses rather than 1 Dually. Itā€™s slightly more expensive, but it gives more flexibility because I could have one (1) Foamy and (1) Foamy Wide which would fit the XL GFC (RAM 3500) better and also be more flexible for alternative panel/sleeping arrangements. For me, personally, it also works with my ZenBivy bed that way (it needs to wrap around the mattress).

5 Likes

Obviously the hope would be that this would be something HEST would make as a long-term product!

What I meant was, if they decide to make small, periodic batches of special GFC oriented mattresses it would likely mean that the cost would be higher since it would require setting up their production equipment for a small number of products compared to their main runs of mattressesā€¦but that many of us would be happy to pay a premium for that specialized product.

The point of my comment was not to suggest that HEST exclude anyone from having one if they want to purchase it.

Itā€™s just the reality though that the number of GFC owners is very small in the grand scheme of things, and that the number who would purchase a specialized, likely pricey, mattress is even smallerā€¦which means that we will have to take what we can get if HEST or another company offers something for us!

2 Likes

@Hest, I reached out to general inquiries at Hest a few months ago see if we could work together on developing a viable option for the GFC. The conversation didnā€™t gain traction at the time.
Iā€™m still available and live in Seattle. Would love to help in the development.

-Ron

5 Likes

Also would love the GFC panel option. I had also considered doing a custom setup. I had a Denver mattress in the Tepui prior. (Wife is still grumpy with me giving that up because of the mattress)

3 Likes

Thanks @Ronmastas iā€™ll forward this message over to our product team in Seattle.

3 Likes

I saw your product in Missoula and I want a GFC Hest. We the community are BEGGING you.

9 Likes

@HEST not sure what the total count is up to but Iā€™d also like to request a Hest mattress that utilizes the removable OEM panels too please! Good sleep is priceless! Maybe yā€™all could just sell some precut foam we can stuff in the GFC cushion bags :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

8 Likes

Any chance you guys would just sell us the mattress without the cover so we could cut it up and put it in the GFC panels ourselves? (Tempted to just buy a pair and chop them up) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This!!!

I currently use a hest duo wide in my truck as I wait for my GFC and it is an amazing mattress. I will echo the others in this forum but a specific HEST upgrade that worked for transformafloor would be one of the single best upgrades for the camper.

2 Likes

PLEASE @HEST ! We GFC people need you!

5 Likes