AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Thank you all for this feedback. As a small company we love to hear what the customer wants. We plan to take this feedback and work with our design team to see if we can find a solution for GFCs. We will keep this discussion updated on our progress. Keep posting here if you have any additional ideas or requests.

17 Likes

Iā€™ve got the Hest Pillow and if the mattress is anywhere near as comfortable Iā€™m 100% in for a GFC x Hest Mattress collab.

5 Likes

Same here, best pillow Iā€™ve ever used anywhere - barely feels like camping when using this thing!

1 Like

Will the GFC close with a Hest camp pillow in it? Not sure how much room there is up there actually or how compressible the pillows actually are.

Yes, our pillows compress well. We have had other GFC owners tell us they keep them up there.

2 Likes

I have a mattress topper (not Hest though - would love that) on top of the individual floor panels. With that and the Hest pillows I canā€™t get the GFC to close

Came here to post this exact comment. Best camp pillow Iā€™ve tried by far and Iā€™ve tried a few. Now I need my mattress to get on the same level.

3 Likes

Caved at Overland Expo and bought a Dually Long :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You going to cut it up and try to fit it in the existing panels?

Well, it arrives on Wednesday. I havenā€™t decided if Iā€™m going to cut it up and put it in the floor. Itā€™s kind of an expensive decision. Haha!

Iā€™m not sure about the thickness. The 3" mattress topper I put in there was tight, and I donā€™t have a lot of loft.

People say this closes as long as you take out the stock mattress

1 Like

Would love to see GFC work directly with Hest to provide a better mattress from the get go. Iā€™m all for upgrades but when it feels like 90% of gfc owners are upgrading the mattress, you would think this would be something they rework.

2 Likes

I think most RTT setups people change out the mattress. I mean, they are tent makers, not bed makers. :slight_smile:

I did on my prior tent as well. Did the Megamat until the hinge ate it. Then got a Denver Mattress made for the tent (which was absolutely awesome). Thinking about it I even swapped out the mattress that came in our old Toy Hauler. That thing was a brick for no reason. haha

1 Like

Well part of what makes the GFC so great is the modular floor system, so in my opinion, falling short on the mattress isnā€™t something they should shrug off haha

All the options that people use make the floor unusable and add another piece to the puzzle of the ā€œtwo bag methodā€ they talk so much about.

I love my gfc but I also think there are a lot of things they can improve on without increasing costs significantly.

1 Like

Alucab owners are doing the same exact thing and that camper cost $15k stock.

4 Likes

Blows my mind lol. How much can a better mattress option really add to the price. Seems like everyone is asking for the same thing haha

1 Like

I couldnā€™t agree more.

I think it would be cool as an optional upgrade (like the optional upgrade they already offer). It definitely shouldnā€™t be included in the base price. That said, I picked up a pair of Foamy mattresses at Overland Expo West and have been sleeping on it all week. VERY comfy. I also have EXPED MegaMat mattresses and this easily holds its own against it. For me, I think the choice in which I use will come down to whether I have room to pack a pair of Foamys or if I need the smaller pack size of the EXPED, but the Foamy will be the default because itā€™s so nice to not have to inflate it and even when sleeping on your own mattress, thereā€™s less bounce from the Hest vs an inflatable mattress of any design.

1 Like

Yesterday I went on a quick trip to a local campsite. Hiked with my kid and cooked a great dinner. We were tired and I fell quickly to sleep and had a restful night of sleep on my Hest. In the morning I realized that the mattress was upside down. Even upside down, it was a fantastic night of sleep. Just think of what will happen now that I flipped it around.

3 Likes