AMA or Ask Us Anything About HEST Mattresses for GFCs

Hello GFC Community,
John here from HEST camping mattresses, pads & pillows. Opening up the discussion for anyone that has any questions about HEST mattresses, pads or our pillows that fit inside their Go Fast Campers.
Check out our Dually Long that is a great option for a memory foam camping mattress that fits inside your Go Fast Camper or a HEST camp pillow.

6 Likes

The dually long is too long to fit in the bed of my long bed Tacoma in super windy conditions (when being in the tent wouldn’t be restful). And the dually wide is too big to fit in the tent. Would love to consider this product but it’s kind of a bad fit no matter what.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about your mattress, but I don’t want to lose the functionality of the transform-a-floor for getting in and out of the tent. I don’t want to have to fight a big mattress every time. Are you considering offering custom mattresses that would fit the individual GFC tent floor panels?

4 Likes

Thank you gwiz for your comment. Correct the Dually Long is too long for a 6 foot bed. Do you have a platform? Without a platform we agree it’s not a great fit because the wheel wells. With a platform the added length can be used as a head rest up against the cab. We have an employee with a 6ft Tacoma and she uses the Dually Long on a platform. You can see the full fit with a platform here Toyota Tacoma: Dually Mattress Size Guide | Truck Bed Camping - HEST

Also, we are coming out with a 64" by 50" Dually this summer for the length issue with many bed lengths.

2 Likes

That is a good point that we have discussed before. Not yet but love the feedback and will pass along to development.

5 Likes

I’ve used 78” mattresses in the bed before and it’s super annoying to close the tailgate. Not a solution

Thanks gwiz for the feedback. Hopefully the 64x50" helps with this issue.

64 seems really short. How about a 72”x50”? That would be of interest.

This will be our first short truck bed mattress. We plan to come out with multiple more sizes to fit all beds. I will send this feedback to our development team.

2 Likes

Time for your first long-bed mattress as well I guess. Can’t imagine many of your customers have 8’ beds.

1 Like

Thank you gwiz. We found that the 78 inch length was a good start to try to fit most long beds. Tacoma long beds fall on the shorter side. We plan to find sizes that can fit all truck beds over the next couple seasons. Thank you for the feedback once again.

1 Like

voting for custom fit for GFC floor panels

20 Likes

I would pay good money for a HEST mattress custom fit for GFC floor panels so I can still use transform-a-floor.

11 Likes

If you want to access the camper through the bed, there is a bit of a gap (see vid) when you remove the stiff panels, and it is super easy to bend the Dually back to create additional space if needed.

We also have a number of customers that simply access it through the side entrances. Here are some images to help visualize how it fits.

2 Likes

how easy does the tent close with only the Hest mattress?

I’m sick of messing around($) with trying to get a comfy setup in the tent and I won’t give up my only way into the tent from the bed

Welcome HEST friends! Good to see y’all here :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Totally understand. Our intention is to provide a premium sleeping solution you will use and love for many years.

The camper has no issues closing with our 3.9" memory foam. This video shows us unlatching the closed camper with the HEST Dually Long inside. You can see that there is still a gap to access the tent from inside the bed.

2 Likes

we are here @AERONAUT :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll be honest for me, I was considering the HEST system for a while, but lately I’ve really come to like the individual platforms that the GFC gives. Being able to move it into desk mode, 1 person camp mode, full deck mode, etc.

I know it prob wouldn’t be economical, but if something like the foamy could be made into GFC specific panel dimensions and could be moved around with the panels, it would be a much better experience for me, than folding it up.

4 Likes