Battery Mount Shelf for Molle Panel

I need a better place to store my EcoFlow battery. I was thinking of a shelf attached to a molle panel at the back wall just to the right of passenger side of the back window. Did a search through the forum and couldn’t find anyone else with this setup. Best I could find was something like this: https://ausmotion.com/product/molle-battery-box-mount/

Makes me cautious of mounting this higher up above the bed of the truck and was wondering if it would be a bad spot to house a battery?

1 Like

It’s not on a Molle panel but I made a front-mounted extrusion rack for my GoalZero. Pretty happy with this setup, it’s a lot nicer than having it on the floor. I haven’t found any major negatives yet.

7 Likes

Thank you @Vice_Chief. This setup looks great and sparks some ideas.

1 Like

Read the weight warnings on the molle mount product. It won’t carry a battery’s weight. Like the other reply here, you better frame it up with true support underneath.

1 Like

Updating the thread here with the solution I ended up coming up with. I got some ideas from @Vice_Chief 's build and decided to try mounting it to the molle panel. The weight is under 25lbs with battery and build. Much less below the 100lb weight limit of the molle panel. Haven’t given it a full test but feels incredibly sturdy.

2 Likes

Looks awesome. Don’t know if I said it in my post, but I also use a strap around my Goal Zero to make sure it doesn’t jump around inside the box.

Thanks for calling that out. Its not pictured here but I do strap the battery into the molle panel as well with battery straps.

1 Like