Bed rail step project

First off I can’t thank you guys enough for all the orders! It has been really cool to see an idea turn into something a bunch of people want and also find useful. :metal:

I have honestly spent every bit of my spare time the last few weeks in the garage hunched over an angle grinder, and I even took 2 days off the real job to get things done, and also got a metal sliver removed from my eye yesterday! So clearly this is not sustainable. So rather than just stop making these, I decided to have a machine shop make the 2 parts to eliminate all the cutting and grinding, and then I can just do the welding, painting and shipping. This of course comes at a significant cost increase, and makes the raw materials cost over 10 times as much.

So I have 9 left in stock of the current StepUp and will sell those for the $35.00 still. After those are gone I am going to jump up the price to $45.00 each, but will offer $5.00 off if you buy more than one. There will also be a 3-4 week delay from today as the machine shop is 3 weeks out.
https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/StepUp/p/276338145/category=0

This may be more info than anyone really cares about, but I have been stoked to offer this step for a cheap price to everyone and want to explain why I need to change the price. Hopefully $45 still seems fair to everyone, and again thanks for the support. You guys are awesome.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about the sliver in the eye. Hoping it heals fast and all is well.

2 Likes

It’s still the cheapest mod you can do for your GFC!

4 Likes

All orders including todays have been shipped! Tracking should be in your email. Thanks!

1 Like

Now you just need to file a patent for the step and license it to GFC… maybe you’ll be on Shark Tank by next year? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Josh, preciate all the hard work making these. In a few short days I’ve lost count of how many times my wife or I has used the steps working on the truck or hanging out on the beach. Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s awesome to hear!

I don’t have my camper yet but I’m still in. Putting my order in now. It’s such a simple idea why wouldn’t it be part of the camper to begin with? slivers in the eye suck. been there couple times and don’t want to be back

edit: I hope USPS don’t take 2 months like they have been

2 Likes

Same here @blackhearse. I like the $35 price. I wont even have my camper until the spring.

Edit: Ordered!

1 Like

Alright guys one more update. I’m sure you guys are as sick of hearing about bed steps as my wife is! :grimacing:

Orders basically dropped some right around the time of my last post. With a bit lower numbers I can maintain doing it all myself, so I’ll drop the price back down to the $35.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

so just got an email. I’m getting a V2 and it doesn’t look like the step will fit :unamused: $35 wasted

1 Like

Well sir, I now need a step for my V2 camper :grimacing:

1 Like

So turns out im getting a V2. Anyone want to buy my step for $35?

1 Like

Shoot me a direct message if you have ordered the step before getting your camper. I’m sure I can help ya out.

2 Likes

V2 is a bummer for me as I ordered a bunch of cut plates that are non-refundable, but that was always a risk and I am super stoked they are innovating and making a better camper! Love that all the core concepts are the same, but most things have been improved.

If the people who pre-ordered a StepUp are now getting a V2 camper, just mail me back the StepUp and once I get it I’ll send you a full refund. I wish I could refund shipping too, but am not profiting much on these. The best price I found is $8.40 in a USPS padded flat rate. Hope this is a fair deal for the few that are in this situation.

Looks like if you stick a piece of grip tape on the new clamp you’d have a decent step integrated already.

…and who wants to by my V1 XL? :laughing:

7 Likes

Super appreciate you proactively offering refunds for those of us who pre-ordered and are ending up with a V2 @jedgar — Very classy.

I want to support your hustle so will hold onto mine and pass on the refund. Anyone here on the forum with a V1 who wants my 2 steps DM me and I’ll donate 'em to you for cost of shipping. Edit: StepUps have been swooped!

Stoked to see what mods you come up with for V2 @jedgar ! Keep it up!

8 Likes

Thanks @julian I appreciate it!

2 Likes

All good jedgar… I just sold mine to a friend w/ version ONE. Keep the good ideas a flowing!

3 Likes

@jedgar, I really like new steps. I wasn’t sure if this was just another impulse buy for me but after a couple uses I really like them and so does my wife. Thanks!

4 Likes

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes