Beef Bars + Thule Hullavator Kayak Carrier

Does anyone have experience using the GFC Beef Bars with the Thule Hullavator assisted kayak carrier? My primary concern is that Thule recommends a cross bar that extends 4" beyond the support but the Beef Bars only go up to the support and not beyond.

Originally, I was going to go with the GFC Round Bar mount with extended length Yakima bars, but GFC reached out after I purchased and told me they don’t produce them anymore.

Additional info:
2017 Toyota Tacoma DC SB
V1 Camper
Eddyline Fathom 16.6’ 50lb kayak

No first hand experience with that setup, but I’d think the bar not extending combined with the angle of the gfc panel could definitely be in the way of the hullavator extending fully down. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

1 Like

I hate to revive a dead thread, but I was wondering if anyone came up with a solution. I’m planning to grab a fishing kayak soon and this seemed like the best option for solo loading. My idea was to take a steel plate long enough to get some trac nuts into the beef bar to extend it then drill it out for the bolt and nut to secure the other portion of the rack. If any of that made sense.

I was just about to DIY my own solution based on these threads:

However, GFC reached out and said they had a couple spares laying around the shop, but not in inventory. I snatched them up. You might try reaching out to them before you consider DIY.