Coffee making suggestions?

Our setup is similar to home, but using the stove instead of our Fellow electric kettle. Kit includes:
Colman Classic Stove
Hario Kettle
Hario Scale
Hario V60 - Plastic (because the ceramic is too hard to keep warm)
Porlex Hand Grinder
Wooden stir stick
Carafe and coffee mugs handmade by a friend

Has anyone tried the Prismo aero press attachment? Man, really nice brews and no more leaks. You can store it filled upside down till you get to your brew time then flip it over and push.

I do nothing moreā€¦

2 Likes

We have tried everythingā€¦ and for campingā€¦ I must admit that lately I just boil water, use the Alpine Start packet, add half/halfā€¦ and fugghetaboutit.

HOWEVER the AeroPress is great, as is a simple French press for camping. The JetBoil 1L w/ French press lid works just fine, or the plastic French press from REI - the brand escapes me.

1 Like

my girlfriend loves coffee, I however have never really liked it, so I literally know nothing about coffee makers. I canā€™t even work a french press correctly.

anyways, Iā€™d like to get my girlfriend an easy-to-use coffee maker for her. She usually likes iced coffee with lil peep album with a little creamer but ideally, a versatile coffee maker would be best.

something under $100-$125 would be preferable unless something really stands out.

1 Like

@tommybest55 Cofffeeeee!

Man there are so many great coffee makers out there.
A few of my travel favorites are as follows.

Bialetti Express Moka Pot, 6 -Cup, Aluminum Silver https://a.co/d/9v4Swk3
Also comes in smaller sizes

Espresso maker,

Classic Stanley
https://a.co/d/aV1Hgmu

There are also tons of variation on all of these. Id reccomend finding one with a warrenty. Its common and if they dont have a warrenty chances are it maybe junk, maybeā€¦

I mean you can find expensive coffee makers, Iā€™d rather buy nice coffee and have a maker that gets the job done. Maybe a fun excuse to spend more would be a coffee subscription, such as

Anywho, as a coffee lover your idea is a solid gift.

1 Like

I have only used a hand grinder, stainless steel conical filter, and Jet Boil. Simple. Easy.

2 Likes

Same here. Works like a charm and great on the go.

https://www.amazon.com/Airtight-Cold-Coffee-Maker-Spout/dp/B06Y27W76B/ref=zg_bs_17807784011_sccl_11/133-7090807-0772616?th=1

if sheā€™s really that great how about this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XNT8KKW/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09XNT8KKW&pd_rd_w=L0x4O&content-id=amzn1.sym.3309c9d3-bf37-499a-888c-9ce693c3483f&pf_rd_p=3309c9d3-bf37-499a-888c-9ce693c3483f&pf_rd_r=2YA06S1QXFE1YYYR5XTT&pd_rd_wg=yCOZ9&pd_rd_r=48f9b0ca-581f-4a2f-b641-4653a58bb1b4&s=kitchen&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFZVjA3MEtHUUJIQkMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMDU1NzcxVEJZRVZJNkpSRFVSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyMjI4NzExQUg1RFpCQk9MSVFNJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Iā€™m really just thinking of myself with the nitro

1 Like

I like lattes, so I use these

1 Like

For anyone who likes espresso, this went on a motocamping trip as a gag and has now gone every trip with my GFC since. Easy clean up and works nicely off most canister stoves (smaller is better).

Bialetti 0007304 Mini Express Color Coffee Maker Set 2 Cups + 2 Glasses Aluminium Arancione, Orange Amazon.com

5 Likes

Ha my buddy gave me one. I use it all the time. GFC. moto. Home.

2 Likes

If you arenā€™t making a lot of coffee I love this little pour over from SOTO. Takes up little to no space and doesnā€™t need any drying time.

1 Like

For short trips i pre make cold brew concentrate and bring it.
Once a trip goes long enoigh to use all that i put instant coffee in a nalgene give it a couole shakes and prestoā€¦ coffee

1 Like

I know this is an old thread, but I recently camped with a buddy who has a small single cup aeropress and I thought it made great coffee.

Otherwise, for me, I usually just either drink instant coffee or use a percolator depending on the situation. I know a lot of people donā€™t like coffee made with a percolator but I love it, even if it happens to be one of the worst ways to make coffee, according to the coffee snobs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a similar setup. Itā€™s the Aeropress Go and is fantastic. Fully self-contained with everything you need to fit inside of it. For a grinder I have the GSI Outdoors Java grinder, which isnā€™t the best but does a good enough job.
And then I keep some instant coffee inside my camper for anytime I forget beans or just donā€™t want to go through a whole process. A lot of fancy coffee brands now make very good instant coffee

1 Like

Between camping and field time with the Army Iā€™ve gone through all the different ways to make coffee off grid. I alway seem to return to a Jetboil and instant, due to my laziness I guess. But now traveling with the truck, because I drag along a Jackery 1000, I bought a cheap kuerig style coffee maker and am super happy with the coffee it spits out. Itā€™s quick and clean up is a breeze.

1 Like

When camping we use a stainless steel French press with water heated in a jetboil or a nespresso with refillable pods (when we have our trailer)

1 Like

Iā€™ve come to appreciate the convenience of instant coffee.

3 Likes