Collapsible Ladder

Mine came with the brackets

Well it worked out ok, feels much better going up and down even in bare feet. Still folds up to original size. If I did it over would probably get some 8/4 stock instead of 6/4. Would have some more meat to play around with. Oh and I wouldn’t have cut one of the rungs too short.

7 Likes

Wow! Good job. Solid woodworking skills.

Peace.

Probably need special shoes? For tracking or pickleball, for examplethis one

I’ve leveled my truck on logs and things on slopes. The lip on the GFC ladder held fine. I wonder how these ladders locked with pins handle the track not being parallel to the ground.

1 Like

I agree. It seems it would cause parts to flex that aren’t intended to instead of the whole ladder flexing as a unit.

Anyone know if the Roofnest attchments fit into GFC extrusion tracks?

Go with a CVT ladder your be much happier. I read that roof nest won’t sell you brackets to attach it. I could be wrong. This is the CVT I got for like $160 With mounting hardware shipped.

!

6 Likes

I normally am not a fan of color matching, but that truck looks damn good. The ladder setup is awesome too.

2 Likes

Which CVT ladder model is that?

Well thank you very much Josh. It’s not a 100% match but close. The texture GFC powder coat from Prizmatic is about 5% lighter than the actual truck. Which was fine with me. They could’ve did 100% match but it would’ve been a gloss finish without any texture. In turn would of shown every little tiny scratch which I didn’t want. I was planning to sell it to upgrade to a V2 and had a solid buyer for it. Once I started to look into powder coating for the V2 I found out GFC was not offering the custom colors anymore. Which is when I took mine off the market and decided to keep it as it’s one of a kind.

2 Likes

It was the Mount Hood the reasoning why I went with that one was because it was black i’m not silver like all the other ladders on the market. Once I get off of work I can get the guy Will’s contact info that helped me from CVT. I was wrong on the price it was $150 for the ladder $20 for mounting hardware plus shipping. Total was right around $180 shipped.

3 Likes

I was going to go with the Mt. Hood ladder because it comes in black and I really hate how all the telescoping ladders are silver, but in the end form follows function and I went with the iKamper ladder because it’s got angled rungs which will make it more comfortable with bare feet or thin camp sandals. Combined with some Shittco hooks it’s the perfect setup for me, just wish they’d offer it in black.

Black looks cooler but I’d worry about the black being too hot on bare feet on the summer.

Can you order from shittco without instagram?

@GilaMonster pm’ed you…

Not entirely sure–I know he typically posts what he’s working on and when kits are available on Instagram. I will say that the iKamper ladder required some delrin spacers that he made for me as well–I would imagine he saved those dimensions, but best would be to get ahold of him and discuss your specific setup

Camper is going to be done soon and still trying to figure out the ladder situation. I am all over the place. We are a family of 4 so the ladder would be used quite a bit (kids aged 4 and 6 will be in the bed, wife and I will be “upstairs” as they say lol). Seems like there is still yet to be a solid solution to the best ladder situation out there. I’d love to have a ladder that doesnt wreck your feet but also attaches to the T-track (and doesnt require a bunch of modifications on my end to achieve). Leaning towards the roofnest ladder if I can get the mounting components. Anyone have any thoughts? I know this thread has been going for a long time but still not a great consens on something that works incredibly well/comfortable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Just get the GFC ladder. For the 30 seconds each day that it is used by adult feet, it is not worth worrying about. The little ones do not weigh enough to make their feet uncomfortable. Enjoy your camper.

5 Likes

I bought the GFC ladder and have no experience as I don’t have my camper yet. June build date. If your worried about the rungs hurting your feet the marine/boating industry has been making tread pads and covers for years, and they like barefoot non slip stuff obviously. I don’t know how good they will work on a telescoping ladder but they do make them. I just figured I’ll wait and try my camper ladder combination then decide if it needs anything or not. Most likely I’ll have some kind of foot protection on and take foot protection off sitting in the tent with feet out the door, hang them on the top rung or bag them and put them inside. If that scenario doesn’t work out I’ll look for a solution. I guess since I haven’t used it yet I also haven’t identified it as a problem yet. I’ll find out in a couple months.

2 Likes

we run the ladder close to the truck so more upright, and we use a vrnclr sewnstorage shoe bag at the top, so we have our shoes on when using (also harder for the spiders to get into your shoes…)

2 Likes