Collapsible Ladder

FYI, I have a V2 camper and a ladder. However, the ladder does not attach properly to the V2 camper, it only works with the V1 camper. My advice, if you are waiting for a V2, you might want to wait and see how the GFC engineers solve this problem before make a final decision.

Why doesn’t the ladder work with the V2 you ask? The ladder is designed to fit over a flange, and the top surface of the lower Al extrusion is a 90 deg bend. Mostly sure about this. :slight_smile:

@dzents, I don’t understand why the ladder doesn’t work on the V2, you have any pictures? Are you saying that there is no lip for the GFC ladder to hook on? I haven’t seen a V2 in person yet.

The V1 tent was attached by snaps. The ladder fitment went between the snaps. If you search on here you’ll see people have added fitments to keep the ladder from moving. I just added a rubber handle or door pull to anchor my V1 ladder.

Here’s a pic of a V1 ladder on a V2

The CVT ladder I spoke about a few post up will work with either V1 or V2.

2 Likes

@skier thanks for the pic. So there’s no way to hook that angled piece on top of the ladder to the lip of the frame now that they moved away from the snaps. I think I got it now. Well, you found a simple solution.

@crazyfingers I really like your ladder set up, unfortunately I already purchased a GFC ladder. Yours looks awesome.

1 Like

Thanks and sorry to hear that… I looked around and looked around and was going to pull the trigger on the GFC one but wasn’t too thrilled about the way it attached to the camper… and from what others said it doesn’t really stay there very well and it also hits the side of the truck.

1 Like

what size CVT did you end up ordering in the Mt Hood? It looks like they have 8, 8.5 and 10.5. 10.5 clearly seems to much but didnt know if there was a huge difference in angle with the other two. We are going to be using it on a 2021 Tundra.

Also, your CVT came with all the mounting hardware correct?

I got the 8 foot one an no the mounting hardware I was with the ladder. The hardware for it was $20 from CVT. If you are looking to go this way make sure you call the CVT in Vegas and ask for Will. He is aware of the GFC’s set up and is very knowledgeable with the ladders for use with the GFC…

3 Likes

Can you post a picture of how the ladder attaches to the top. I like the angled rungs but I want something with the clips at the top or some other solid option other than just leaning a ladder up against the side.

I don’t have any photos handy, but I grabbed this off the Shittco Instagram which shows it. Hooks the same way the Mt. Hood style ladder does, came with all mounts and hardware for bolting on

1 Like

So that’s the ikamper ladder with the angled rungs but mounting with the shittco clip same as the CVT Mt Hood? Man this gets confusing lol.

Essentially yes, you’ve got it right, but I can confuse you even more. I bought the iKamper ladder because it had the angled rungs and then bought the Shittco ladder hooks (which came with the mounts you put on the tent). On the iKamper ladder the opening for the hooks were too large so Shittco ended up making me some delrin sleeves to fit around the hooks

4 Likes

Is the 8’ a good length do you feel? I have a Tundra and am thinking of going 8.5. Any issues so far with the mounting hardware? I am planning on following your advice and calling Will at CVT in Vegas on Monday to discuss.

1 Like

He’s a good guy and will definitely take care of you.

I got ahold of someone at their NV office yesterday via email but it wasn’t him. They were definitely familiar with the GFC though so thank you for the recommendation. With regard to the hardware they provide, does it mount perfectly into the extrusion? Are there any components you need from GFC or does the CVT mounting hardware fit perfectly on its own?

I was looking at the photos up close you provided earlier in the thread and it looks very solid. Just didnt know if all of those components were CVT. Thanks for all the help!

@DannyEnder
The only hardware that is not provided from CVT are the GFC track T nuts. And you will need 4 those to mount the two brackets. I would really also recommend going with a smaller T nuts.

1 Like

Thanks so much @crazyfingers for the CVT recommendation. I ordered the Mt. Hood 8’ ladder with the mounting brackets and pumped to set it all up. Quick point of clarification however is that the contact person at CVT is Kris Savatgy (Nevada office), not Will. He’s the guy who knows and is familiar with the GFC setup. He had a good laugh about a bunch of people (myself included), calling and asking for Will. I guess that is his new nickname at the office now lol. He was incredibly helpful and also pointed out that CVT has a bunch of other exterior options for things that will attach to the extrusion. He said “if you ever walk by a CVT and see anything you like, no matter how small a handle, bracket, etc., call and we can get those pieces sent your way.” Another great option for people looking to diversify and customize what they put on their camper.

7 Likes