Colorado Family Meet Up

hey everyone,

My good friends started a mountain bike race in Fruita every year called the hot dogger. going on year three now and its basically a giant gathering of mountain bike, hot dogs, and beers. link is below, registration opens this week.

1 Like

Re Steamboat/IKON Sounds amazing! Im down, we’re an IKON family and the ski school at the base is fantastic.

We’re also always looking for volunteers and instructors to work our various programs here at Steamboat STARS. www.steamboatstars.com…… check it out!

Would be frickin cool if our parking lot was full of GFCs during any given camp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t got a lot of response to this and now on the fence about dates due to a work trip that’s landed just prior, and school start up a few days after.

If you were planning to join and ok or not with dates changing please chime in to help aid with a final decision.

@TearingOut55 - Pinning this one for a bit because it sounds like such a good time. Hopefully a few more families join in on the fun. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Ok, had to make the call that the weekend of 8/12 won’t work for us. I suspect with school schedules it didnt work for many.

How about labor day weekend??

Is this still on? Would love to meet some CO GFC’ers! Saw a few this weekend outside of Crusty Butt! Cool to see in the wild

@PeanutButterandBacon personally I cant do the weekend of Aug 12th anymore but of course doesn’t stop others from getting together!

Saw this at the old town hot springs here in steamboat… not one I’ve ever seen here before… one of you peeps?

Is anyone heading to Overland Expo in Loveland and camping there? Thinking about going and traveling from Louisiana. I know I would like to do some camping/remote work in Colorado after

1 Like

i might go for a day. likely not camping anywhere though

I will be there on Saturday with @Buhlockaye but not camping at Loveland.

Check out this thread, may have more luck meeting up with someone over here.

1 Like

Honestly camping at the expo is quite meh, dusty and no shade. I was thinking about camping Thursday night somewhere in the mountains and going on Friday for the day.

1 Like

I noticed that they’re sold out anyway for camping there. I’m trying to find a spot to camp the Friday night and go to the Expo on the Saturday

There should be plenty of areas west of town in the mountains. I didn’t realize the standard spots were sold out too. Just checked the other day.

That same weekend (Aug 25-27th), theres a local Colorado group called Rigs and Kids that’s meeting up north of Glenwood Springs. We plan to head out and would be rad if another GFC family joined. I havent met this particular group in person before but seems solid.

For Overland folks, lots of great dispersed and designated camping up Buckhorn Canyon not too far from Loveland.

1 Like

Just gonna show up for the day on Saturday from the boat as I’ve got to be back in town on Sunday for the next group of campers

Reminder on family meet up option for next weekend north of Glenwood Springs with a group called “Rigs and Kids”, not GFC specific. Not posting details publicly to be sensitive to their group rules but DM me if you want to join us