Did the Forum Settings Change? No more "New" Posts?

I have noticed that the last couple of days new/newest topics are no longer showing up on the main page. It’s just the “top” forum posts which are mostly old posts from this year.

Has anyone figured out a setting to change so we can bring back the “new” or “most recent” postings to the top of the thread? Really liked that older style vs how it is now.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 7.38.07 AM

5 Likes

I’ve got the same issue as well. Would like to know how to switch it/go back to the old ways.

Makes things feel very dead

3 Likes

Last time it happened I pointed it out and Thayne made it sound like it was a system setting on the admin side. I am a fan of the newest/recent topics showing versus Top.

5 Likes

Bummer. @GFC can y’all flip the switch?

#F.T.

5 Likes

The name we shall not say can’t make that change anymore. Sounds like we need the official @GFC (Yuji, Stephan, Graham, Matthias, or whoever) to make the switch it seems.

2 Likes

Mine seems the same. Not sure I ever had New. When I choose Latest Topics, it shows a red line from last visit. Above are all the posts since I last visited.

Not sure if that’s consistent with everyone else’s view.

Honestly, I never really pay attention, I just choose Latest Topics.

Peace.

That’s the only way to access it or see it. Before, the latest would show up on the main page without you having to click that. It’s consistent when doing it this method but probably most of us are used to see the “latest topics” directly on the home page and without clicking that tab.

Reminds me of when “TP” changed the font and everyone had a small freak out there for a bit haha

1 Like

Speaking of change, has anyone noticed the new night mode :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: My retinas can finally have a break at night.

However, now the forum can’t serve a dual purpose for my tent; heater and light. I’ll accept the change and just use the forum as a heater.

3 Likes

Hi all! I just worked on updating the settings. Looks back to normal on my end, but let me know if you’re still seeing something weird!

8 Likes

Thank you for your work Kelly. It is back to the old style.

1 Like

Taaaaaaanks!

1 Like

Thanks, this was really bugging me.

2 Likes

odd, I still don’t have it back. cleared my cache too

Back to normal for me as well. I didn’t realize it was changed, I thought the forum was dead haha

2 Likes

My whole menu is still different!

I’m with @Dogandagladiator forum mortuum :rofl:

thanks for fixing it @skelly

2 Likes

Can you dm me a screenshot of what you’re seeing and I can look into it soon? Thanks! @cmc

1 Like

The fix is unlocked once you achieve a certain “badge” level. I recommend posting more original content :joy:

2 Likes

Same. #F.T

3 Likes

Having the same “new” forum. Is there a way to revert?

1 Like