F8 and the Art of Being There- GFC Photography Club

Love me some ElCap! I need to get back that way; maybe this year. Great pic!

@Casablanca do it! I took my wife up there for her first time and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been there and I’m still caught off guard. I need to dig it up and I’ll post here but I caught a sunrise over superior earlier in the year that’s just as awesome.

1 Like

Beautiful photo of an amazing place! I love southern Utah in the winter months.

Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

Wow! Great shot and the drama of the clouds is amazing!!!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Sorry for the second upload, it’s a test when I upload to this site it really doesn’t look right so I changed the color space and seems to have worked this is more true to the color.

13 Likes

That’s much improved and an amazing shot.

Thank you!

couple pics from a recent ski trip

13 Likes

Heck ya! Now that’s some pow surfing! What your shooting with?

Sony a73 and a 35mm 2.8

1 Like

Dyam you found the goods !

I see your wonderfully shot powder pictures, and raise you with a poorly composed iPhone powder shot!

6 Likes

Nice, such a great FF rig. Well composed!

1 Like

Hit up monument valley in the snow. Really cold. My 4x5 camera really didn’t like the cold and went through a lot of instant film to figure out just how much the shutter was hanging up due to the cold.

5 Likes

I’m shooting with an R5! Made a quick little vid from my camping trip to Pismo Beach, CA this last weekend.

3 Likes

Hi Daniel! These are great photos! Putting yourself out there to see this crazy good stuff is so important. Knowing what to do when you get there is equally important, too! You captured the moment really well!!! Funny how adding a camera to any activity seems to change the rhythm of the day. It’s no small feat to stop, consider the composition, find the action and then capture it the way that you did in these photos. I especially love the final shot that you chose to render in Black n White. SUPERB!!!

Thanks for sharing your vision and experience.

Happy trails…
Scott

1 Like

Good lookin’ video, Kruse!

I hope to see more from you soon.

Happy trails…
Scott

• did your GFC Sheets make it to you in time for this trip?

They didn’t make it in time but they were waiting for me when I got back. I put them and the foam topper on as soon as the tent dried out. They’ll make an appearance in my next video!

1 Like

First night in the new RTT. Had a great night’s sleep, the the scenery was pretty great too…

2 Likes

I will through a couple up here. Yosemite Falls about 10:30 at night and the valley with some weather.

5 Likes

It’s fire fall time, Horsetail Falls, Yosemite national Park

11 Likes