For Your Frozen V2 Locks – Lock Covers by Sewverlander

no need to apologize, the magnets do as they are intended - keep them on the camper. And this is certainly not a a major issue, just a thought.

best regards

Nice that’s good news thanks for replying!

I agree that having strong magnets is better than not. Thanks for your feedback!

I don’t have issues pulling them off… yet. We’ll see after a good freeze. through all the rain we’ve had lately, the locks stay bone dry which translates to not frozen locks. I’d rather have some solid magnets holding them on than the other options

1 Like

Just a follow-up with ideas for making the covers easier to remove.

I found this stuff on Amazon. Not sure if anyone has used it.

I put it on the covers. It definitely feels like an upgrade to the grip. It says it’s good for any weather conditions so I think it should last.

@senseidad or anyone else, I can send you some strips to try out if you’d like.

Another upgrade I’m trying out is this pry tool. One of the last storms that came through really welded the covers with ice so I used some aluminum jewelry wire and a key ring.

By sliding the wire and wiggling it behind the cover starting at a corner, I was able to get the cover off fairly easily. It might also be safer for the covers and the camper than trying to chip away at the ice. Let me know what your thoughts are.

thanks - I’ll give it a try, no need to send me the tape, but thanks for the idea!

works like a charm! I used some grip tape - but I can’t figure out how to upload a photo of it. It does work. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Finally figured it out…

3 Likes