GFC OWNERs Who are Veterans

Hey All,
GFC Page Looking to start up a new discussion on this page.
Who on here is a VET ?
If you are what branch and duty station did you hang out the longest and where are you now ?
I’ll kick it off by starting and Introducing myself.
Names Chris I was a combat radio operator in the Army and boy it was a blast.
I was stationed at probably the worst duty station the Army has to offer FT Polk Louisiana.
I’ve since gotten out and moved back to Maine but wondered if any others on this page are Vets and would possibly be interested in setting up a meetup sometime in the future.

6 Likes

Still active for another several months. C-17 driver currently in central NJ. I’ve split my time fairly equally between Charleston and Central NJ. I’m making the leap to the commercial aviation world soon and hoping to move back home to Montana.

5 Likes

I don’t have a GFC yet, but I’m working on it. Us Marines only get hand-me-down gear, not the high speed low drag gear the rest of y’all do. So I’m looking for a used platform camper. USMC early 90’s, 0311. In the San Diego area.

7 Likes

Not in the military but I grew up on and next to Joint Base MDL and know the Pines like the back of my hand… some great camping and exploring!

3 Likes

My GFC was just installed 01 Dec, so I am a GFC newbie. I’m a CG vet of 27 years, mostly spent in Alaska. I live on Wrangell Island in Southeast Alaska but try to make it to Southern Utah a couple times a year. For any of you ever putting your rig on the Alaska Marine Highway through Southeast Alaska give me a shout. Not a great area for a GFC (I got it to make the trips to Utah) but there are some nice FS roads and I’m always up for taking a vet fishing.

7 Likes

Awesome you are in Wrangell! My dad has a cabin down towards Tom’s Place. Such a cool area and some great spots down “the road”

I’m not a vet but do appreciate and thank you for your service, and if you ever need some parts I offer a vet discount :+1:

5 Likes

What a small world. I lived in Thoms Place full time for years. Most the time in town now, but still get cabin time at Thoms Place spring - fall.

5 Likes

Army veteran here. 2002-2005. Served as a Cavalry Scout with 1/7 Cavalry out of Ft. Hood. I spent one year in Baghdad, leading a squad and gunning a Brad. I’ve had my GFC V1 for a good while now (I was order #16). I live in the DC area now,

6 Likes

Name is Eddie former marine 2016-21 that lives in Ohio don’t own a gfc yet new to all this over landing stuff was stationed in mcas iwakuni, and good old camp Lejeune being a 3531 motor t.

7 Likes

Jason here. 0311 from 08-12, 2/3 was my unit. Located in LA,CA

4 Likes

Rah boys. Patrick here. Former Marine, 0311 stationed in Twentynine Palms, 2nd Battalion 7th Marines from 08-12. Now back home in far Northern California.

6 Likes

Howdy, fellas! Glad to see so many bothers.

4 Likes

Currently active duty in the Navy, been in San Diego for all eight years.

4 Likes

Christopher- Army. 25th out of Schofield Barracks Hawaii. Been out for a little bit now.

4 Likes

Ryan here. I was active duty army at Ft Riley, KS from 2010-2014. I was an infantryman with 1-18, 1ID. Spent time as a machine gunner, a dismounted team leader, and as a bradley gunner. I now live in Michigan. Cheers!

5 Likes

Naval Aviation, NAS Oceana was my main stomping ground. Went back to AZ when I got out, and moving to UT soon.

4 Likes

Navy Chief that spent three of my tours in the Mayport, FL area. Retired in 2008’. Currently in the Charleston, SC area. Hello to all of the Shipmates and Brothers and Sisters from all services!

5 Likes

13 years Navy, MH-60’s (Mayport/Jax FL) and C-40A’s (Texas). Got out in Oct’22.

1 Like

USAF, 68-71, spent my entire time at the Aerospace Data Facility, Sunnyvale California

2 Likes

I was in the Marine Corps from 90-94. Spent almost all my time at MCAS El Toro in sunny SoCal. I live in Belgrade MT and have had my GFC on my clapped out 93 Toyota for about a year.

3 Likes