Got the new Turbo Nap mattress

I do not have the new mattress but it sounds like you’re taking away from the comfort of the mattress by adding the topper. It’s definitely worth one nights sleep before tossing it out!

2 Likes

Though I haven’t taken it out for a trip yet, camper just got installed Tuesday, the new mattress is much thicker than the old. I saw a couple of V2 mattresses at a Jeep Festival, and was really worried when I ordered mine that I was going to need some sort of topper for it. My order was delayed for late November as GFC decided to upgrade all pending orders with the new mattress and the window pockets. I will admit that the GFC seems a bit harder to close than the ones I tested before, but that may just be a by product of only being opened and closed a few times at this point.

I have been installing lights and other items in the tent area, and have been sitting on the bedding a lot the last two days, and seems way more comfortable than any of my RTT, which always required adding a camping air mattress for both R value and comfort.

I second this! I am similar in size and weight and I find it really comfortable. No topper.

1 Like

I’d like to know how it is in standard form, also. Suffering from injuries from the military, my hips and lower back kill me. Spending 700.00 on something, and getting the same result, isn’t something I want to do.

Don’t know where you are in the world, but in the Orange County GFC center they had it in the display unit. I’d bet there are others out there to try.

1 Like

I upgraded in December. It’s way better. I’m a side sleeper and the old mattress felt like you were bottoming out on the floor. With the new one you feel supported.

It’s not quite as good as the mattress that I had in my Yakima RTT but I think that was a 4" mattress.

1 Like

I’m on the east coast. But, thanks for the reply, man! I’ve heard good things about it, but I just want to make sure. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Thank you, for this. I tend to side sleep a lot.

1 Like

Do you use the HEST PILLOWS AS WELL?

2 Likes

curious about these too I am looking to grab a set

1 Like

Hest pillows are amazing. It’s what we use.

2 Likes

Hi
I would love to hear how you are liking the TurboNap? I am getting close to buying it for my GFC , I have been taking a 3 inch foam up and down, super comfortable, but takes too much room in my truck bed as well as I want the modular system of the original GFC bed panels. Are you happy with Turbo nap. Tent closing ok? Way better comfort level? Sleeping multiple nights on it?
Thanks
Rebecca

Totally. Bottom line: highly recommended. Here’s my review of it from a month ago.

I’ve had the Turbo Nap since late November, have used it quite a bit (more than ten, less than twenty nights). It’s a VERY noticeable upgrade in comfort and warmth. The warmth thing surprised me but it kinda makes sense considering it conforms better to the body. In my review I point out that it’s not just the extra foam, it’s the foam plus the stretchy covers that really delivers the extra comfort.

• Tent closes OK, but differently. I close it “left to right” now. Takes a bit more force.
  • I find it just ever so slightly more difficult to pull my floor panels into place, but the new webbing straps make it a lot more pleasant.
  • Way better overall comfort level. Genuinely surprised. Friends who have been on both noticed right away.
  • I’ve used it a lot -

Desert camping in winter, nights down to ~30F. No noticeable hardening like memory foam does. Great with a hoverquilt.

Oceanside camping in January, actually slept with the front door open, super beautiful.

I do a lot of reading by the ocean and it’s made a big difference in side-laying-comfort for me.

Likewise “Couch mode” with the panels on the bed floor is noticeably improved.

I’d recommend it to anyone. Hope this helps, I’m open to any further questions.

6 Likes

Cant wait for my install in May and getting to use mine.

3 Likes

SO RAD! Love the review and super nice shots too :fire:

2 Likes

I think Hest just solved all our problems! Will be curious to see what the price tag is

Looks like @julian was a tester for their new product

4 Likes

Similar price as the Turbo Nap (+/- $50). Currently taking pre-orders for June 2024 shipping.

3 Likes

@Coastal You’re quick! :metal: Yes, I’ve been beta-testing a prototype model for two months. It’s rad. Early photos can be found here:

2 Likes

How does this compare with turbo nap mattress?

Hey @Dnykrk response I dropped on a different thread is quoted below:

I have not considered the TurboNap. I chose to stick with HEST given their expertise in the sleep system space, overall track record of good vibes, and my relationship with the folks on their team.

The dually long that I ran from Oct 2023 – Feb 2024 was already a perfect mattress for me—and the dually platform just takes it to next level :metal: :beers: Given all of this I personally never considered the TurboNap.

2 Likes