Installation of GFC camper

Does anyone know how hard it is to install these units?

This might help

its pretty easy, need at least 4 people to move it onto truck and then two people to fine tune the exact placement / seals when we moved mine i was inside it (with it closed) and therefore could use my legs to pick it up as my girlfriend sorted out the seal placement

some good info in this recent thread: How transfer a GFC? - Buying Used

2 Likes

Personally I met my seller at a Truck Topper place, they used their forklift and did the whole thing. I’m glad we went that route. Our transaction was more complicated because I traded him my shell + cash. One major upside to doing it yourself is that you can be super anal / specific / take a lot of time regarding the seal /shell interface.

1 Like

What’s the weight of a long bed unit? How do you set it down on the ground after you lift it off the truck with the doors open over your head? I need to remove mine to have some body work done to my truck.

when we moved mine to my wifes truck we had two people inside with the doors closed,and two outside, got it to the edge of the truck, rested it. you could easily have some blocks of wood sitting waiting for you to transition to then all outside and move it to the ground. just dont lift from the overhang