Is the V3 here? June 18th Update

Sliding window as an option would be nice.

2 Likes

Our upcoming July install has new items added to the build:

We have a few things in store for you that we are pretty excited about. Below are details about a few new upgrades that we will be launching shortly, that will be included in your build.

Integrated Lighting Kit

• 4X 70cm dimmable and red/white switchable light bars in the lower space frame of the camper.
  • Attached to the space frame on each side.
  • 1X 100cm dimmable and red/white switchable light bar in the tent area, independently switchable from the lower lights
  • Note: Will require 12V power.

Headliner

• Removable, marine carpet headliner that mounts to the inside of the camper roof.
  • Keeps sunlight out and reduces the effects of condensation.

Integrated Bedding Catch

• Stretch mesh “hammock” on the bottom of the transform-a-floor squares to hold bedding, jackets, etc.
3 Likes
6 Likes

Impressed.

Same. Lots of really rad updates!

Looks sweet! Tent is the best part in my opinion!

Lots of inspiration drawn from people on this forum too

4 Likes

Phil was one of the first (got banned from the forums) to do the headliner and then I did it following him. All the noise I made (and others) a year ago I guess paid off with the tent portion and lack of ventilation. Glad to see GFC finally listened and upgraded the product. Kudos to them for taking the feedback.

7 Likes

Right on, the tent design is a big improvement. Can’t wait to see how they roll out the upgrade kits and for how much.

4 Likes

Well, I got the stamped panels right from the post I made a while back. Looks good.

Let’s see if all the billet stuff can be upgraded on existing campers.

I’m guessing latches will require cutting bigger holes, as they look to be C5’s.

Really excited about seeing these changes, they’re going to be a huge improvement to an already really good product.

4 Likes

I think you’re right about mounting. Somewhere on the insta they name them - they’re no longer Southcos. They’re IP66 rated Industrilas with bidirectional keys.

I cannot wait to upgrade my tent.

2 Likes

Okay, good to know. I just ordered the current upgrade latch kit, but they are still in the box. Curious to see what these are about.

As someone who just had their camper installed two months ago, I’m a little bummed to see all these upgrades right after my install was moved up. They are very nice changes though so we’ll see what the upgrade path looks like for current owners before getting too bummed. Such good improvements!

2 Likes

Same man!!! I think you and I both had August dates that were pushed to May right? m
Let’s hope a good path for people to upgrade.

Yep same deal! At the end of the day, I chose to move the date up so I get it. But obviously would have waited if I’d known this was coming.

We’ll see! Since we already have the mattress maybe the upgrade cost will be reasonable. Or maybe they’ll throw us a bone and do it for free (wishful thinking) :joy:

1 Like

I highly doubt free :rofl:. We can hope.

I am willing to pay for tent, headliner, and lighting (maybe).

Biggest thing for me is the tent upgrade the rest can DIY other options if need be.

I agree it was our choice to change the date. I do wish they would have said that there were changes coming and if we wanted to change we can otherwise wait for the changes.

1 Like

definitely getting the tent upgrade. Props to GFC for actually making the upgrade a possibility. So many other products just wouldn’t do that

5 Likes

Well I’ll be damned, they listened and did it. And selling upgrade kits for older owners, love it

1 Like

True! A lot of companies would probably just discontinue and make you buy a new one. Love GFC!

1 Like

now we need @julian to make bug screens or coordinate someone who can since his are proven and so well done :rofl:

4 Likes