GFC Latch Covers

What’s up everyone!

As some of you have seen, I created some latch covers! These are 3D printed out of a rubberized material and should help prevent your locks/latches from freezing and getting muddy! I won’t go into too much detail here but if you’re interested in purchasing or reading more about them, feel free to check them out HERE but i am also happy to answer any questions below! I will be adding a link to an install video tomorrow but the install process is super easy! The parts do take some time to produce but will be trying my hardest to keep them instock.

Please keep in mind this is my first endeavor at creating and selling a product! Feedback is appreciated! Thanks for reading and hope y’all enjoy!

21 Likes

Placed an order for a couple of these!

1 Like

lookin forward to them being back in stock! Great idea!

2 Likes

Thanks @cmc !

1 Like

@PeanutButterandBacon The interest in these was far greater than expected! Working on getting more up asap!

2 Likes

is it TPU? By the way which printer are you using?

@Rancho It is indeed TPU. Currently using an Ender 3 V2 with a P1P on the way

1 Like

Awesome! Would love to order some. Since the covers will be outside in the sun most of the time, will the UV cause these to become brittle or break?

1 Like

Trying to get some back instock soon but the material should be UV resistant. I’ve had one in the dash of my truck for about a month and nothing so far. That said, I don’t have a definitive answer for lifespan since some people park outside in Arizona and some people park inside in cooler climates with less sunlight intensity.

3 Likes

Awesome! Please let us know when they are back in stock. Would love to grab some.

2 Likes

I got the blemish covers

1 Like

Would like a bunch of these.

1 Like

I promise they will be back instock as soon as I can! Even ordered another printer so I can get more for y’all!

5 Likes

nice!! I am looking into the Bambu, as these Markforged printers are great but the price for material is a bit of a killer at 190 a roll for Nyolon CF that and my original unit has 10,000 hours and around 13,000 parts through it it’s beginning to show signs of fatigue.

2 Likes

Those are awesome printers but man that filament price has to hurt!

2 Likes

Missed out but hope you restock. I run into an issue during the winter where my truck bed becomes useless because the -30 freezes even the boeshield I put in the latches. This looks like it would help so long as I can keep it clean and dry

2 Likes

Absolutely will be restocking! They are out of stock only so I can build stock back up. Plan on selling until no one wants any haha. I will update here along with the FB page post with a date to give people equal opportunity. Should be up later this week so keep an eye out for an exact day and time. Appreciate the interest!

7 Likes

Looks great. How many covers per order? It doesnt say. Thanks.

@PRob It will say once they are in-stock but you can get 2, 4, or 6 covers.