Is the V3 here? June 18th Update

Thanks for the feedback, Dude! I was referencing the latches that have the spring pins you have to pull to unlatch camper.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised there wasnā€™t an upgrade made for the locking latches they used to have on the first v2s. I still have mine and they work fine, but lots of folks had to remove and replace them with those machined plugs. I use dry lube almost every wash to make sure they still operate, but so far so good. Just hoping itā€™s not a ticking time bombā€¦.

What are those? Do you have a pic/reference?

Edit: you mean the integrated locks on the tent portionā€¦ I remember now.

1 Like

I get your frustration. I would be too. However, to defend GFC and when launching new products, you donā€™t want to get the word out before itā€™s ready. If they alerted owners waiting on their tents then people would stop purchasing current tents. They would have a cashflow problem. You can never time the market or product launches.

3 Likes

@Vice_Chief @Medicfung

Good thread with info on the original V2 tent locks (V2 Tent Lock Failure)

1 Like

Sure, but were you able to see my comments and video a few posts up?

Yeah my bad I scrolled up a bit further and saw that.

Do you know how it attaches to the ceiling though? Suction cups?

In the model I saw, it was Velcro. Seems a lot nicer than having it glued on, plus you could take them out to dry.

Yeah the ability to take it out is a huge upgrade over the permanent carpeting I was about to install. Now Iā€™m glad my Amazon order was delayed :sweat_smile:.

Hopefully weā€™ll find out soon when these ā€œal la carteā€ upgrades will be available. Even though I just picked up my used V2 a few weeks ago, with all the upgrades in the V2 pro Iā€™m thinking of selling my V2 and putting in an order for a pro, rather than buying the upgrades separately.

1 Like

Sounds like weā€™ll know more about updates on July 1. Iā€™ll be ordering a new tent ASAP.

2 Likes

Iā€™m ready for some upgrades.

Saw the Pro at expo pnw. It looks great and just more polished overall.

5 Likes

The machining is so good. I would love to add all those parts to my v2.

1 Like

For those that may have been refreshing the Go-Fast upgrade page all morning, new email just sent outā€¦

ā€œOrders for both the complete kit and a la carte items will open August 1st, and will be fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis. Pricing, a fulfillment schedule, and installation options will be available at that time.ā€ -

1 Like

Bummer pricing still want dropped. Would like to know the potential damage so can be prepared.

1 Like

Wait, are they releasing another set of locks for current v2 owners? Or, are they referencing the current upgrade that has the new keys?

Lol, refreshing every 10-15 minā€™sā€¦

1 Like

They sent an email. Sounds like we will know info in August.

Yeah, I saw the email, was making a joke.