JE Design & Fabrication GFC accessories

I like the idea of your mounts, not having to leave a single strap whipping about in the wind when the tent is up. Just ordered a set - thanks!

1 Like

Finally decided it was time to sell the RAM 1500 minivan and get something a bit more capable. Stoked to start a new build and get back to doing hard trails!

First mod was to add some l-track to the bed for accessory mounting, and eventually a custom GFC mounting solution.

14 Likes

Awesome! :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

I loved the gladiator, but I hope you bought the extended warranty!

2 Likes

haha I love working on things so I picked the right vehicle!

2 Likes

Love the color on your new jeep! Can’t wait to see what mods you fabricate for it.

1 Like

AWESOME!! That’ll be so much fun - love the L track too, I’ve gotta do that on ours. Rad color too!

1 Like

Made an update to the StepUps for the billet clamps (all new campers). They are now raw stainless steel and include an access hole to allow for retorquing of the clamps once installed. Available now at https://jedf.us/#!/StepUp™-for-GFC/p/422462640/category=113909263

(Original version shown without access hole.)

5 Likes

ayyy you did my idea i gave you!!! i wish they were black still but Ill be snagging this new version!

1 Like

Great idea for sure!

2 Likes

Quick Sale going on through Labor Day. 25% off DripRails! Also applies the sale on the TrailKit which saves you $55 on a bundle of our most popular products!

3 Likes

Have a few possible new products coming if there is any interest. First I have been still working with a friend on the wind fairing mounts. The original design was too flexible at higher speeds (one of the goals of this is to have zero contact with the roof of the vehicle). This is the current design I just sent out for him to test. They are 1/8" aluminum and would be in the $75 range for 4 of the brackets (not including tnuts or hardware)

The second product is a bracket that attached to bed rails (either L-Track or standard bed rails). Another friend is using 2 of them for dirt bike front wheel chocks for his Raptor, and I have been using them to brace in welding gas bottles. Pretty handy to have for sure. They are 3/16 thick aluminum and would be in the $50 range per brace if they were powdercoated. (not including tnuts or hardware)

4 Likes

In for some fairing mounts. What fairing are you using them with?

2 Likes

Second that.

1 Like

New StepUp design so good!

1 Like

He is using a custom piece of plastic as the Yakima/Thule ones seem a bit small for the GFC. I’ll get the details when he gets it mounted up!

2 Likes

I will definitely be in for the fairing mount!

Thank you! Would be curious on the dims, I can try to do some leg work to find something that would fit on my end and post up

I used a sheet of ABS plastic and the mounts from the Front Runner fairing to make mine. I also used the rubber edge from the Front Runner fairing and added a felt strip where it touches the cab to prevent the squeaking of the rubber. Works great and reduced the wind noise a ton.

I was looking at the Stepups a couple weeks back and thinking to myself that I would order those in about .17 seconds if they only had an access hole for the mounting bolt. Then you delivered.

I am very much interested in the fairing brackets as well. I believe you can order custom cut ABS plastic from SendCutSend.com, probably even with mounting holes pre-cut if you use their online parts builder tool? That might be an easy way for a lot of people to have a fairing made and shipped to their door.

1 Like